Anguti222

Here's an idea (not necessarily a good one), for the light legion, that would be really distinctive. What about Caesars clothes? It's pretty grandiose, but it's as unique as you can get. Might even make sense in a way as the Courier would have to have done quite a bit for Caesar to be allied with the faction by the time lonesome road comes along. And it's a pretty cool looking set of clothes, especially with that big golden emblem. Alternately you could just include the emblem along with some legion clothes (I don't see any without armor). Alternately if the sports armor is a separate vertex group you might be able to just remove it, and see if there is anything underneath.

Yeah Caesar's armor seems like a good idea. There probably isn't anything under the sports armor but I'll have a look.

Your suggestion for the Assassin suit makes more sense than mine (for the armored vault 21 jumpsuit), since it's at least some decent DT, but it feels like were still missing an opportunity. Lets see if there is something we can come up with that really encompasses the lone wander/courier independence and is a decent DT.

How about custom vault 21 combat armor? Other options are the stealth suit from OWB or vault security armor.

I have to admit I'm sort of enamored of the old world flag, love that graphic. I'd hate to loose it. I'm not sure how much it represents House per se. Maybe it is fitting, ie old world greed, old world tech, things that reflect House.

Ok that's cool I really like the logo aswell so it can stay :P

Edited by flamenx01

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the house version:

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t407/Flamenx01/House1_zps93595f87.png

I seem to keep missing clipping parts in blender so I'll have to fix them all again in blender later on

I'll finish of the independent version tonight.

Edited by flamenx01

Here is the house version:

I do like the trench coat sleeves. Not having the ranger bracers really helps to differentiate it from the full NCR duster. I wonder though if the NCR ranger duster might look better since it has the shoulder flaps/pauldrons (I have no idea what to call parts of a duster that go over the shoulders) that would cover the trenchcoat arm seams. Might make a smoother transition. But then again if it's dark grey it might stand out less.

BTW good job on the color matching those look really close. I'v been having a heck of a time with mine.

I put together a legion one using Caesar's clothes;

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/devinlpatterson/LegionFull_zpscef741b0.jpg

I really like how his clothes fits for the full duster and it works even better for the partial duster. Gonna have to put a stencil on the emblem though. Also I'd like to really dirty it up more. Maybe I'll check out some of those "aging" tutorials. I had thought there were some legion greaves I could replace the NCR bracers with, but apparently other than Lanius's there isn't. But I dont want to replace it with the trench coat sleeves. I'd like to keep them just for the NV & house versions & keep bracers for the NCR and Legion since they strike me as more combat oriented. There are some leather spiked bracers on the legion instructor that might work. Also some raider armor looks like it's wrapped around a leather sleeve so that might be usable. Possibly I'll sneak in some of the metal armor greaves, but I'd rather keep it fairly light armor.

Also need to put some additional stuff on there. I'm not sure if it should also be legion themed like maybe ammo belts, knives from their other uniforms or wastelander stuff that the courier would use (anything from belts to canteen, binoculars etc.)

But I do like the Caesar base clothing, what do you think. The other one that looks good is the centurion kilt.

I do like the trench coat sleeves. Not having the ranger bracers really helps to differentiate it from the full NCR duster. I wonder though if the NCR ranger duster might look better since it has the shoulder flaps/pauldrons (I have no idea what to call parts of a duster that go over the shoulders) that would cover the trenchcoat arm seams. Might make a smoother transition. But then again if it's dark grey it might stand out less.

If I can get the colours to match exactly the transition should be smooth. I was more aiming for a trench coat style for this rather than the western duster

BTW good job on the color matching those look really close. I'v been having a heck of a time with mine.

What I do is reduce the saturation so it is greyscale then recolour it. Easier to get a match that way.

I really like how his clothes fits for the full duster and it works even better for the partial duster. Gonna have to put a stencil on the emblem though. Also I'd like to really dirty it up more. Maybe I'll check out some of those "aging" tutorials. I had thought there were some legion greaves I could replace the NCR bracers with, but apparently other than Lanius's there isn't. But I dont want to replace it with the trench coat sleeves. I'd like to keep them just for the NV & house versions & keep bracers for the NCR and Legion since they strike me as more combat oriented. There are some leather spiked bracers on the legion instructor that might work. Also some raider armor looks like it's wrapped around a leather sleeve so that might be usable. Possibly I'll sneak in some of the metal armor greaves, but I'd rather keep it fairly light armor.

Yeah I was thinking of changing the bracer on the heavy legion version aswell just haven't got around to it. I was going to go for the raider spikes (can't remember which raider armor it was on of the top of my head).

But I do like the Caesar base clothing, what do you think. The other one that looks good is the centurion kilt.

Yeah it does look really good. Good job.

• 2 weeks later...

I was working on this for other mods/request, but what do you think about one of these for a variant independent suit (put it in teh optional, have the gambler independent suit in teh main files)?

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/devinlpatterson/VaultDusterMixes_zps00895b5b.jpg

The last one looks the best. We could put it as the independent version and use the suit as house's version?

There is a symmetry to that idea. With the House faction ending, being the old world and strongly Vegas themed the gambler suit mirrors that same old world and Vegas themed character. We can use the first (I'll swap the boots out) for short sleeved duster adn the 3rd for long sleeved (or put another sleeve on it, & change the NCR duster to grayer color of courier duster).

Shame to loose the duster that looks like the promotional art, but it's already available on Nexus anyway.