Having trouble getting my toolset headmorph working in game

So, I've got a problem: I've created a headmorph, and saved it with the name of the character I wish to override the original head morph of-- yet when I try and use it in the game, the NPC is headless. I've followed a few of the tutorials, including the one on modifying the .uti file-- and I still have the issue where her head isn't working.

I'd include images, if people thought they could help me figure it out, but .png files don't seem to be permitted. :(

Does anybody know where I might be going wrong? I have both the .mop and the .mor file if anyone would like to see if they could fix it for me.

Thanks in advance! :smile:

The mop you can use for the character creator: Just put the line under the corresponding section in the chargenmorphfile.xml.

For example: <resource name="HF_xxx.mop" /> for a female human morph. (xxx is the name of the morph)

When you want to use the mor file: Put it in your override folder and it should work BUT only if you haven't any other mod which has changed the appearance of an original face. For example: You have used Dracomies Leliana, then you have to delete his "hf_genfl_leliana.mor" file to use your own Leliana creation.

Hope that helps. :)

I've managed to use .mor files for other characters just fine, it's mostly my own morph for Isolde that isn't working. I've modded her a fair number of times in the past, so whether that's causing an issue for creating my own, I'm not sure. I generally tend to delete or rename files when I mod the character, as it tends to work that way. I have the following mods (that change .mor files) installed, if any of them are conflicting, I'm not sure:

- DA Redesigned

- Improved Atmosphere (ver. 1.4)

Maybe by deleting instead of renaming the file? I'm at a complete loss. Tried everything I can think of.

But thanks! :)

All mods are conflicting with your Isolde which change her appearance but you said you have deleted the "Isolde mor. from these mods- then your own Isolde morph should work.

Improved Atmosphere.. I don't use this mod but I know that with the last version the "head morph files" were removed and it's now an extra mod but maybe you have still some old files in your override?

Or

you are missing a skin and hair texture but then maybe other morphs wouldn't show up correct too and that can't be because you have used the toolset and so the textures etc. are in your override folder.

Sorry, I'm not a big help.

The attached files should give you a clear indication of what's happening and what's supposed to be there.

As you can see, there's no .mor file there-- I deleted the one I'd made because of how frustrated I'm getting by the whole thing. I can use other people's headmorphs and they work perfectly, just not my own. This is just really starting to frustrate me, cause it's making me doubt whether I'll actually be able to release any headmorphs I may make for the general group of players. And I'd love to be able to do that-- I have taken so many great mods for DAO and used them, and I really want to be able to give back.

I've even tried using the toolset's export feature, though that seems to want to change the file format to a .mop, which doesn't seem to work either, unless I've got it all confused again.

:( Just want my own morph to work!

Hm, okay the export feature for the toolset:

false = you will get a mor.file

true = you will get a mop.file

Did you named your Isolde morph: hf_arl100cr_isolde.mor? I know that's a stupid question but sometimes we all make little mistakes like

for example me: I'm editing my chargenfile manually and sometimes I forgot a space etc. and the whole thing doesn't work.

Ah! I think the export setting is where I completely mucked it up! I just overwrote the toolset filetype. You're AWESOME for helping me realise it was the export setting I mucked up. Thank you a million times! :smile:

hf_arl100cr_isolde is the exact name I used for the headmorph.

I knew it had to be something really, really simple and really, really obvious. Thanks again!

EDIT TO ADD: It was the export settings! Thank you a million and one times.

Edited by theoriginalemo

Potentially stupid question here:

Why do so many of my hair mods, when I load them in the toolset, end up looking like this?

I know it probably has something to do with the fact that they were initially not meant to be for the DA toolset, or they have specific image map colours that aren't available for the toolset to process. In-game, they all look fine and work beautifully, it's just in the toolset that I can't get them to work properly to preview them. Really quite frustrating!

I quote myself from another thread:

You can't fix the blue hair in the toolset. It's a missing vertex colour as part of the mesh data. The colour of the vertex must be set by the one who made the hair in the 3d modelling program. :)