Fallout New Vegas randomly crashes or freezes on loading.

kittensama

I've been trying to get my mods working all day, but NV just keeps wanting to crash after not even a minute. I've tried the bUseThreadedAI and HWThreads trick and that hasn't changed anything, I've turned off autosaves and that did nothing, and I have AA, filtering, and transparency multisampling disabled.

Specs (in case someone asks)

Windows 7 64 bit ultimate

Cpu: AMD FX-4100

Ram: 8gb DDR3

Mobo:ECS A960M-M3

Graphics: ASUS HD7770-2GD5

and 1TB hard drive.

As for my load order

FalloutNV.esm

AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm

Project Nevada - Core.esm

Project Nevada - Equipment.esm

ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm

ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm

Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp

Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp

Mojave Nights.esp

noautoaim.esp

Fellout.esp

Nevada Skies.esp

DYNAVISION 2 - Dynamic Lens Effect.esp

If anyone has suggestions and fixes by all means they are more than appreciated.

i had the same problem and removing awop worked for me dunno if that was a miracle or what but thats how i fixed it. I had the exact same mods you have plus 100 more and removing just awop did the trick. It was probably an incompatability issue with other mods or soemthing so im not gonna dismiss awop as a mod that crashes and freezes your game but try removing it might help.

In mine, AWOP was placed in the wrong location in the load order by BOSS - It worked fine in that location - unless a specific mod was also used, then I had to move it to after that mod. I don't remember the name mod right off though.

First, remove all mods and see if it works - If not , get it working without mods first. Then with that short mod list you can add them back one at a time and test to see what mod - or mods is causing the problem. You may need to look through the documentation of each mod to see if the author lists any conflicts with your other mods.

Here is a link to my troubleshooting blog - not much on FONV, but the general section may help.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/bbenlibrary/topic/4751769/1/#new

Well I guess I've fixed it. Did a fresh install of everything and slowly added mods. Got rid of AWOP, Mojave nights.esp, Highways and Byways,fellout, and dynavision. Also got the 4gb nvse which helped with other problems, mainly texture, that would occur. Maybe the first time I installed something wrong or something conflicted with the update and other stuff. Either way I'm glad I can finally play with some nice mods on. Thanks for all your suggestions though it means a lot.