Running Multiple Master files in Creation Kit

Viecile

I tend to install quite a lot of mods from here, and through this little thing might help, and it might help you:

This is how to fix the creation kit "failed to load multiple master files" Or the inability to load any DLC master files.

---- In the [General] section, add the follwoing two lines:

sLanguage=ENGLISH
bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

---- In the [Archive] secton, fill out the " SArchiveList= " as follows:

SArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

---- In the same section, [Archive], fill out the " SResourceArchiveList= " as follows:

SResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

---- And once again, in the [Archive] section, fill out the " SResourceArchiveList2= " as follows:

SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, HearthFires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

---- When Done, pick your nose or go create some awesome mods!

---- ???

---- Profit!

Sorry if i bump, but also, hope this helps... You can edit as you please and maybe make it more understandable...
I made it for myself so i understand it pretty well...

I get a weird Asset error tho... but when i click [Retry] it seems to then work fine for some reason...
Hope this helps people some more...

-Donovan

EDIt: P.S. Why the heck does it color the text in the box above? I don't personally mind, it kinda looks festive :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okday, so I did as everyone had suggested but I am still running into the same issue as the orginal poster.

Seems like it doesn't want to load more then the main Skyrim master file.

Error I get:

Assert

File: C:\_Skyrim\Code\TESV\TES Shared\misc\BGLocalizedString.cpp

Line:2871

LOCALIZATION:Error opening or reading strings file.

I hit Ignore button and get this in turn.

MASTERFILE: LOCALIZATION:Zero entries or empty block size read from strings file STRINGS/Hearthfires_ENGLISH.Strings. Strings wil be missing.

So I hit Yes to all. Then it Does the whole Microsoft Windows:

Creation Kit has stopped working

Check online for a solution and Close the program

or

Close the program.

This is very annoyed and I hope someone can answer my call for help.

I'm having the same problem you are. I followed everyone's advice but I get the same error messages as you do. All I want is to make some changes to sjel blad castle but damn thing just wont let me.

• 4 weeks later...

i see that a lot of people are suggesting you enter bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1 under the general tab in the skyrim.ini file in the skyrim directory. First, skyrim.ini is not in the skyrim directory, at least not the game folder. It is under my documents/my games/skyrim

secondly, it will do you no good whatsoever to enter that line into that file. The correct file really is in the skyrim game directory, but it is called SkyrimEditor.ini

Yes, you enter bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1 under the general tab, that much was correct.

Can you re-confirm this information and where it is located please? I'm a bit confused.

I have a 'SkyrimEditor.ini' in my Skyrim Steam folder, but under the game folder [my documents/my games/skyrim] I only have a 'Skyrim.ini' and a 'SkyrimPrefs.ini'...no SkyrimEditor.ini file at all there.

So what ini file do I add the lines to?

BTW: IF this info helps any at all: [OS: W7-64-bit] Skyrim Steam game saved on extra internal HDD, not OS HDD.

I tend to install quite a lot of mods from here, and through this little thing might help, and it might help you:

This is how to fix the creation kit "failed to load multiple master files" Or the inability to load any DLC master files.

---- In the [General] section, add the follwoing two lines:

sLanguage=ENGLISH
bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

---- In the [Archive] secton, fill out the " SArchiveList= " as follows:

SArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

---- In the same section, [Archive], fill out the " SResourceArchiveList= " as follows:

SResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

---- And once again, in the [Archive] section, fill out the " SResourceArchiveList2= " as follows:

SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, HearthFires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

---- When Done, pick your nose or go create some awesome mods!

---- ???

---- Profit!

Sorry if i bump, but also, hope this helps... You can edit as you please and maybe make it more understandable...

I made it for myself so i understand it pretty well...

I get a weird Asset error tho... but when i click [Retry] it seems to then work fine for some reason...

Hope this helps people some more...

-Donovan

EDIt: P.S. Why the heck does it color the text in the box above? I don't personally mind, it kinda looks festive :tongue:

Thank you DonDidDon, I have all 3 DLCs so that info is exactly what I've been looking for, thank you!

guys, my ck is still not responding.

And at the first time am searching in Skyrimeditor.ini i couldn't find this 2

bAllowMultipleMasterFiles=
bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=

and yes i already change this

SResourceArchiveList2=

to

HearthFires.bsa looks like a typo? The xpac is called 'Hearthfire' with no s at the end and f is not capitalized. Sorry if you already tried that, but didn't see that commented on anywhere so thought I would suggest it.

*update* My suggestion did not seem to work for me.

Edited by McGamer

• 2 weeks later...

HearthFires.bsa looks like a typo? The xpac is called 'Hearthfire' with no s at the end and f is not capitalized. Sorry if you already tried that, but didn't see that commented on anywhere so thought I would suggest it.

*update* My suggestion did not seem to work for me.

Actually no it is "HearthFires.bsa"

Look into your data folder for it if you don't believe me.

I copied the line in the First page to make it work and still had crash as soon as i launched multiple .bsa, but as soon as i looked inside of the data folder and copy/pasted the name from the .bsa in there it worked.

Sorry mate, The typo is in the first page of this thread :

http://i.imgur.com/ZzVxH0t.png

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I have done this and it worked to allow me to use all three but now I've come across this problem where when I try to load more than 1 plugin file it crashes. Does anyone know how to fix this? I have looked all over and can't find anything pertaining to it. I want to add an object from one plugin file to another plugin file, but it seems impossible to do without being able to load both files at once.

lets say 'someone' has a cracked skyrim with all three dlc's, because he got it for xbox360 and wanted to find out about this modding stuff, but didn't want to pay nor had the $60 USD to buy it, and has a non steam creation kit..... and did all that is on this forum to make it work but crashes at 98% cause it can't read strings file... how would this person get it to work. only skyrim in the CK works, and none of the plugins nor DLC's work.

"They" would stop being a thief and buy the game.

Banned - TVD.

• 2 weeks later...

That's weird because I can open Skyrim + DLCs + Apachii + whatever else all at the same time... ?

There's one other thing you have to do... (just remembered)

In SkyrimEditor.ini you have to search for

sResourceArchiveList2

Add your DLC's at the end of it as well... it should end on Update.bsa, after it add the DLC's in release order (... Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Heartfire.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa ). There's a few more lists there about the bsa files... not sure if you need to add them there as well... I think I did add them there just to be sure

heartfire.bsa should be hearthfires.bsa