Running Multiple Master files in Creation Kit

Viecile

To whomever is running a non-English version of the game, if this may help:

I couldn't load Dragonborn for a long time, only DonDidDon tips (previous page) worked for me, so thanks a lot to him :smile:.

I did, however had to adapt it a bit:

- add another line in the [General] section: bAllowMultipleMasterFiles=1

- change the "sLanguage=ENGLISH" line in the same section to "sLanguage=FRENCH" or, if your language is another one set it to the language of your game - not the CK language, it's in English for everyone apparently.

Obviously, the Steam registration automatically sets Strings to your language, so even though your CK is in English, you need to set the SkyrimEditor.ini to YOUR language. Sounds strange to me since I never had to set the language to load the main .esm, only needed to do it to load a DLC. But at least, it works.

Cheers to all :smile:.

It was all about language... 5 hours of brainf*#@ing, but it was only one ugly word...

but now it's all works for me, ty man, you're awesome!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to install quite a lot of mods from here, and through this little thing might help, and it might help you:

This is how to fix the creation kit "failed to load multiple master files" Or the inability to load any DLC master files.

---- In the [General] section, add the follwoing two lines:

sLanguage=ENGLISH
bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

---- In the [Archive] secton, fill out the " SArchiveList= " as follows:

SArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

---- In the same section, [Archive], fill out the " SResourceArchiveList= " as follows:

SResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

---- And once again, in the [Archive] section, fill out the " SResourceArchiveList2= " as follows:

SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, HearthFires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

---- When Done, pick your nose or go create some awesome mods!

---- ???

---- Profit!

Sorry if i bump, but also, hope this helps... You can edit as you please and maybe make it more understandable...

I made it for myself so i understand it pretty well...

I get a weird Asset error tho... but when i click [Retry] it seems to then work fine for some reason...

Hope this helps people some more...

-Donovan

EDIt: P.S. Why the heck does it color the text in the box above? I don't personally mind, it kinda looks festive :tongue:

Pro tip. Fixed my problem. Thanks man.

• 1 month later...
After looking through every suggestion and searching every where, and trying each and every script given, nothing worked. SkyrimFan1025 Wins the Prize. This worked for me!!
Thanks SF1025!!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This is how to fix the creation kit "failed to load multiple master files" Or the inability to load any DLC master files.

---- In the [General] section, add the follwoing two lines:

sLanguage=ENGLISH
bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

---- In the [Archive] secton, fill out the " SArchiveList= " as follows:

SArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

---- In the same section, [Archive], fill out the " SResourceArchiveList= " as follows:

SResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

---- And once again, in the [Archive] section, fill out the " SResourceArchiveList2= " as follows:

SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, HearthFires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

---- When Done, pick your nose or go create some awesome mods!

---- ???

---- Profit!

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same problem with CK not installing more than one mater file. I tried the fixes listed here but it still didn't fix it. i finally tried adding the fixes to the SkyrimEditor.ini file and it now works. I thought id share in case anyone else wasn't getting multiple master files working with the previous fixes.

Okday, so I did as everyone had suggested but I am still running into the same issue as the orginal poster.

Seems like it doesn't want to load more then the main Skyrim master file.

Error I get:

Assert

File: C:\_Skyrim\Code\TESV\TES Shared\misc\BGLocalizedString.cpp

Line:2871

LOCALIZATION:Error opening or reading strings file.

I hit Ignore button and get this in turn.

MASTERFILE: LOCALIZATION:Zero entries or empty block size read from strings file STRINGS/Hearthfires_ENGLISH.Strings. Strings wil be missing.

So I hit Yes to all. Then it Does the whole Microsoft Windows:

Creation Kit has stopped working

Check online for a solution and Close the program

or

Close the program.

This is very annoyed and I hope someone can answer my call for help.

I had exactly the same problem you describe here.

Spelling is crucial.

Everything the previous poster say to do is correct except the spelling.

You must spell the names of the BSA files correctly.

Once I put them in the same order as my load order and spelled them correctly, BINGO!

"Dawnguard.bsa, Hearthfires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa"

OMSC, It worked! Thank you so much! I have a whole new world of possibilities thanks to you! THANK YOU!

Okday, so I did as everyone had suggested but I am still running into the same issue as the orginal poster.

Seems like it doesn't want to load more then the main Skyrim master file.

Error I get:

Assert

File: C:\_Skyrim\Code\TESV\TES Shared\misc\BGLocalizedString.cpp

Line:2871

LOCALIZATION:Error opening or reading strings file.

I hit Ignore button and get this in turn.

MASTERFILE: LOCALIZATION:Zero entries or empty block size read from strings file STRINGS/Hearthfires_ENGLISH.Strings. Strings wil be missing.

So I hit Yes to all. Then it Does the whole Microsoft Windows:

Creation Kit has stopped working

Check online for a solution and Close the program

or

Close the program.

This is very annoyed and I hope someone can answer my call for help.

I had the same problem I changed the SkyrimEditor.ini file and also added the line sLanguage=GERMAN but the error still showed up. In case that anyone has the same problem I had here is how you solve it:

You need a BSA-Extractor and then you have to extract following files from the DLC.bsa files:

[DLCName]_[your language].dlstrings

[DLCName]_[your language].ilstrings

[DLCName]_[your language].strings.

you have to do this for every DLC you want to load and then you have to place the extracted files into

Skyrim\Data\Strings\

This solved the problem for me. You can leave the .string files there it doesn't effect the game, it only makes sure that this files are loaded.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Be SURE you check spelling if anyone is still having issues. A missed letter,space or comma will cause it not to work. I myself had bAllowMutipleMastersLoad=1. Forgot the s after Load. Something so simple cost me an hour trying to find my error.

• 3 months later...

Hi, first thanks for the info on how to set up Multiple master files. I have that working but I'm still getting some error messages, it works when I click yes to all but I'm wondering if this is normal?

I know that it used to happen with some of the previous elder scroll games, just not sure if it's supposed to be happening here.

Also if it is normal do I need to clean any mods prior to release if I'm using all 3 dlc's?

thanks for help...

Pen