Neck texture line looks horrible. Any way to remove it or blend it?

TonyTurbo78

The CBBE FacePack is included in the main CBBEv3.2.3 archive. If you used NMM, there would have been an option asking if you wanted to install it.

If you reinstall the FacePack, then your character will have the same appearance as she does in your screenshot, minus the neckseam.

Hello! I would like to tag along for this post so I don't have to keep posting things myself. I am currently dealing with neck seam problems as well. Specifically with vampires. http://i.imgur.com/GjJHnAUh.jpg

The way I use face mods and stuff, I install XCE, then XCE DG, then I install CBBE with the facepack over it, as it seems to looks smoother that way. So CBBE should be the dominant texture. http://imgur.com/a/x69IG The very last photo in the album is what my character looks like with just CBBE and the facepack installed. That is my character before becoming a vampire. Look at the second photo where I am now a vampire.. For some reason, not only are there seams (not on me though), but my vampires eyes are brown... I have no idea why (also as you can see the seam is not a problem on my character, just NPC for some reason). It does not happen to male characters. It also does not happen to NPC female vampires. Their eyes are just fine. While female NPC Vamps are plagued with neckseam issues, I have incorrect eyes. I think the eye issues has something to do with me messing around with this mod (not the mod itself but it's install instructions). I almost got my game to a point where the neckseams were tolerable but still noticable and I had DG Vampire eyes, but none of my textures that make characters look nice were being used.. So I added those, and then the seams got worse again and my vampire eyes went brown. I know this isn't the fault of the mod I posted above because when using that my eyes revert to the blue eyes seen in the 3rd photo. For some damn reason the game just made my eyes brown.

http://imgur.com/a/XFPtn This is my load order, only the very last mod (lhyperlinked above) on the 3rd image was not installed when I took the photos in the previous album.

Basically, I just want seamless necks for all vampires, along with all vampires using the DG eyes. Any help would be grrreaaat.

The normal and vampire face textures with the CBBE FacePack are identical. They're exactly the same file, but renamed so that both humans/elves and vampiric versions of these are supported. Thus, if your character is/the NPCs in your game are fine as a non-vamp, they should look fine as a vamp as well.

Brown eyes instead of vamp eyes really does have nothing to do with the FacePack, and I'm afraid I can't help as, well, I've never had any of the issues people have posted about. =/ No dark faces, no neck seams, no incorrect eye colours....

Check you don't have any rogue femalehead_sk.dds files (delete them), and have another look at any mods you have that alter vampires. I do remember, once upon a time, that 'Better Vampires' caused issues for some people. You may wish to look at that one.

Jeir,

I unistalled CBBE and reinstalled but the neckline is still there. I've tried removing other mods which I think might be causing the issue but still no luck. If I take a screenie of my NMM mod list, do you think you would be able to spot what might be causing this issue?

The normal and vampire face textures with the CBBE FacePack are identical. They're exactly the same file, but renamed so that both humans/elves and vampiric versions of these are supported. Thus, if your character is/the NPCs in your game are fine as a non-vamp, they should look fine as a vamp as well.

Brown eyes instead of vamp eyes really does have nothing to do with the FacePack, and I'm afraid I can't help as, well, I've never had any of the issues people have posted about. =/ No dark faces, no neck seams, no incorrect eye colours....

Check you don't have any rogue femalehead_sk.dds files (delete them), and have another look at any mods you have that alter vampires. I do remember, once upon a time, that 'Better Vampires' caused issues for some people. You may wish to look at that one.

Where would I know that a file is rogue or not? A lot of the technical stuff with the files is foreign to me. Also while you say they "should look fine".. they don't.

Try and replace all your skin textures with 1 set of skins for 1 set of body.

SG Female Renewal of some other complete set (head body hand feet vampire) and make sure you copy it into textures\actors\character\female and if you have any custom race/character that comes with it own skin textures, overwrite those too, they should have a directory in that folder as well. If you have any custom meshes (UNP/CBBE/etc) make sure you always check your races/characters if they didn't come with other meshes, in that case they must be replaced as well.

You always have to make sure you check what you install and you replace what you have to to make sure you dont get neck seams and whatnot.

Textures blenders are OK, but they should not be used unless absolutely necessary since making your custom head compatible with you default body might screw up things for you default head and body combination, so that's not the right way to 'fix it'. It's better to just overwrite the textures of any custom race you might have, and make sure you follow the proper install procedure... Example; If you use Pretty Face - make sure it's not installed last because it wants to overwrite the female head textures. You only need Pretty Face because of the .tri file allowing better face morphs. The skin textures of Pretty Face is absolute trash -

Always install your character textures last and always overwrite all. After that go through your directories (either put out a search or do it manually) and make sure you manually replace similar named files (especially heads). There are just a very few custom races well made that come with their own full set of textures and wont conflict with existing textures (eg. Ningheim). But most just include face, or face/body/hands .. so it those cases it can go wrong when you become for example a vampire.