Importing/Exporting ECE Faces as presets

DuendeMiudo

Hey there. First of all sorry by my bad english. I've been looking around for a way to save my curent face as a preset. The problem is that I use ECE (Enhanced Character Edit) and whatever method I use to save and import on CK it won't save the Eyes and some other sliders. I've also tryied the method of fooling CK, making some plugin files into master ones to save everything but it didn't work...

In short. I have a save file with a beautiful face created with ECE. I want to save it as a preset without reseting anything. When I save it as npc file and import to CK everything seens beautiful, but when I choose the preset on the character creation menu it resets the eyes and some other parts. Wha can I do?

Im not an expert with CK, btw. Thanks in advance.

My tutorial might actually help. It goes thru making a preset and then using that as a base to make a mannequin that will look like said preset. You could ignore the mannequin bits. http://isharameradin.zxq.net/MakingAPlayerBasedMannequin.html

At any rate you were on the right track with fooling the CK.

The big thing you need to do is make sure that each aspect and color that your character uses is usable by the race that you want to use. Then make sure that the actor record is saved with that data. Sometimes when you import an npc file, it might look fine but a reload of the record will show that that isn't the case. If the race record doesn't have access to the information (example mod added eyes, hair, color, etc..) it will revert to default.

Whether you follow my tutorial or not, one thing I learned since.... load each mod that affects your character individually and import the npc file of the face that you want. The aspects from the mod should show proper and you can follow them back to the color forms, head part forms, etc... to ensure that you know what you need to do to have that aspect properly in your preset's actual plugin.

Save to a CME slot then do SPF to export your face

In CK go to Gameplay -> Settings and filter for Nose and set iNoseMorphCount to 32.

Create your actor and import your .npc file and go to Character Gen Morphs. Click the Reset All button and select Nose type 32. This will load all your ECE face settings.

When you save in a CME slot, your face data are always stored in nose type 32. Everytime you save to a slot, nose 32 get overwritten with newest data.

Edited by Caithe

IsharaMeradin

Thanks for the reply. I will read your tutorial (I read the fooling CK one) and will try this as soon as I can. I've also noticed that when I select the preset that I made it shows the face I wanted but only for something less than a second, then it suddenly blinks to the "messed up" face. Its like skyrim is trying to load the preset (showing it to me) and then reseting some of the parts.

Caithe

I've read something about that somewhere too. The problem is that I can't save the preset in a CME slot as far as I know. Why? Because to actually save it on a slot I have to enter the character creation menu and by doing that everything gets messed up. Unless you are talking about other methods to save a CME slot, of course. (console, CK, etc).

I was thinking about creating a new .slot file inside the preset directory of the CME, but, as I said, I'm no expert on this subject and I really don't know how to properly make a new .slot file with any tool.

My point is to use the face on other playable characters only. So if I could save as a CME slot, if only I could enter showracemenu without messing up the things it would be good enough. Anyway thanks for the reply

• 9 months later...