CTD when killing enemy with power attack

welsher

I am perfectly aware that this thread is quite old but I've stumbled upon it when searching for solution to my problems - Skyrim crashing to desktop on power attacks.

I just wanted to say that after disabling ENHANCED ENEMY AI (BTW, I had no idea this mod no longer exists on Nexus) - all problems disappeared, game is rock solid.

Maybe it helps someone, someday.

• 3 months later...

Same as ball1980, having the same issues and stubled on this old thread. Same thing happens expect its not always a power attack, just killing enemies can crash my game.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just had this problem like today and I noticed that it should be something to do with the Stamina... with TGM(GodMode) I can powerattack as much as I want with no crash at all

and when I disable TGM, I can do one power attack (which consume about 60-70% of my stamina) and the second one will crash immediately be crash straight away before the animation ends...

Give it a try and see if I'm right about this

• 1 month later...
I found this while researching the same sort of problem, CTDs while power attacking, which I could replicate pretty consistently and it went away with TGM on, so it seems to be power attack and stamina related. The main difference seems to be that I was using Combat Evolved for my combat mod. It kind of defeats the purpose of using a mod to change combat if I gotta use god mode to prevent crashes, are there any elements of these mods that I can edit or remove to get around this or should I try going back to A.C.E. or some other mod....

I had this exact same problem. I would do a power attack and I would crash. Know how it went away? I started a new character and it hasn't happened in over a year. My guess was that it was either a "race" issue with race mods and compatability. Or something my character had on her that was causing the crash. Look into that might help you out.