An Immersive, Semi-Lore-Friendly Star Trek Mod for Skyrim

kat1004

So, everyone here obviously knows that Nirn is another planet. Why, then, hasn't anyone come up with a mod that has the crew of the USS Enterprise NCC-1701 discovering this new planet? I, for one, wish to rectify that. I'm going to be making a Star Trek mod for this wonderful game that takes place in the 2009/2013 movieverse of Star Trek.

Nero's arrival into this dimension, and the destruction of Vulcan, didn't only change the fates of our beloved James T. Kirk and Mr. Spock. It changed the fate of another being as well, one who would never have met them if not for Nero. A being known on their home planet as Dovahkiin.

The USS Enterprise has crash-landed on a mysterious planet known by the natives as Nirn. There are strange alien beings who can manipulate the energy of the world by willpower alone, an extinct race that once created steam-powered technology, and large beasts akin to the Dragons of Earth-based lore. Legends on this planet tell of a being more powerful than most, able to wield energy with only their voice, known as the Dragonborn.

You play as the Dovahkiin(obviously... ^^; ), on a quest to save Tamriel from the dragon, Alduin, and you discover the wreck of a massive, plate-shaped thing. A pair of survivors, dubbing themselves Spock and James T Kirk, appear as if from nowhere and require your assistance with certain things(Yet to be determined).

There will be 2 new races, Vulcans and Klingons, that I have planned.

I will be making two versions, one for Spirk fans and one for those not fans of Spock/Kirk. If anyone would like to assist with voice-acting and possible modelmaking, it would be greatly appreciated.

:excl:

[EDIT] Okay, I need a bit of help. I'm trying to figure out how to make Sulu's Katana, the one that folds out, but... I'm having no luck finding tutorials. Any (more)experienced modders want to help me with this? [/EDIT]

:excl:

Edited by kat1004

I don't think it's another planet, like there aren't other planets within the same univers. but still, start trek mod ahoi!! will they be stealing dwemer-tech to fix the space boat?

Actually, Nirn is another planet, with binary moons; Masser, and Secunda, which revolves around Masser. http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Nirn#Geography

I'm not sure, but I might incorporate Dwemer technology, as well as, possibly, electrical magic to help re-power the engines...

Your thread title... awesome... goodluck with this :smile:

Thanks! I'm hoping to get a beta-release done at least by the end of July, but... Maybe the end of summer, if not sooner... :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

It sounds like an entertaining mod but, I wouldn't recommend tagging it as lore friendly. Nirn is in its own little universe with it and its moons. All the stars and the sun that orbit it are actually rips made from when the Aedra left this universe. Even with coming up with a story for trying to plausibly explain why the Enterprise is here, this pretty much throws lore out the window.

• 1 month later...

you should at some point once you got the first quest done (repairing the ship) make it to were you have the opportunity to go up in the star ship an have some more quest in space an stuff lol like a reward for helping repair the ship and stuff or something like that it would be awesome

I know it's been a while since I've done much in terms of work on this mod, but I've been having severe issues with Skyrim. I'm thinking maybe making a Fallout 3 version first, and then porting it to Skyrim(if I can get said game working again). The whole idea of it being an alternate universe, that's completely plausible. After all, Mirror Mirror was one of the best episodes(imho) and it had a canon AU.