An Immersive, Semi-Lore-Friendly Star Trek Mod for Skyrim

kat1004

Actually your pretty off on how Nirn works, it's not so much of a 'planet' as it is a "plane of existence" in addition Massar and Secunda are not moons, but separate dead plane(t)s which are forever tied to nirn, the nine divines are living plane(t)s, that exist in "Aetherius" (space) and even the star in the sky of Nirn is not a star, but a tear in the fabric of the Void created by Magnus. All the other "stars" are smaller tears, and not physical places to which one can travel as in our universe. TES does not take place in another solar system, it takes place in a totaly different reality and universe which is not directly or physically connected to ours in anyway. There are documented cases of things leaving Aetherius bot never entering it, so I hate to break it to you but anything from out universe entering the TES universe simply isn't can't be "lore friendly". xP

here is a quote from a bit of TES lore;

"The planets are the gods and the planes of the gods, which is the same thing. That they appear as spherical heavenly bodies is a visual phenomena caused by mortal mental stress. Since each plane(t) is an infinite mass of infinite size, as yet surrounded by the Void of Oblivion, the mortal eye registers them as bubbles within a space. Planets are magical and impossible."

Actually your pretty off on how Nirn works, it's not so much of a 'planet' as it is a "plane of existence" in addition Massar and Secunda are not moons, but separate dead plane(t)s which are forever tied to nirn, the nine divines are living plane(t)s, that exist in "Aetherius" (space) and even the star in the sky of Nirn is not a star, but a tear in the fabric of the Void created by Magnus. All the other "stars" are smaller tears, and not physical places to which one can travel as in our universe. TES does not take place in another solar system, it takes place in a totaly different reality and universe which is not directly or physically connected to ours in anyway. There are documented cases of things leaving Aetherius bot never entering it, so I hate to break it to you but anything from out universe entering the TES universe simply isn't can't be "lore friendly". xP

here is a quote from a bit of TES lore;

"The planets are the gods and the planes of the gods, which is the same thing. That they appear as spherical heavenly bodies is a visual phenomena caused by mortal mental stress. Since each plane(t) is an infinite mass of infinite size, as yet surrounded by the Void of Oblivion, the mortal eye registers them as bubbles within a space. Planets are magical and impossible."

Although you make a good point, there is not enough data to completely support it. Nirn is technically a planet, and Massar and Secunda are technically moons, in the same way that, with TES lore, Earth would be a plane of existence, and so would the Sun and Moon. The beings who live on Nirn have not, as far as lore is concerned, devised a means of space-travel, so they would not know if there are planets or not. Yes, there are Aedra and Daedra, but even our history, before space travel and scientific and mechanical advances to the level of the Dwemer's scientific and mechanical advances, believed that there was just Earth as a plane of existence, and that the stars in the sky were merely angels, while the Sun was God, if going by the Bible. I am not spouting religion, merely using said book as an example.(Only saying this because I, myself, do not believe in the bible, and do not wish to offend anyone)

Now, if it is looked at from a scientific perspective, 'our' universe, as to speak of the universe we currently exist in, which is ever-changing due to choices that people make(see Fallout 3 for an example of the universe changing completely due to a choice by humanity), there is presumably an unlimited amount of room for planets and worlds that can sustain life. As Vulcans in Star Trek say, IDIC, or Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations. Who knows for sure what is out there, or what they(extraterrestrial entities such as those found on Nirn) believe to be the truth?

My point is, don't say that this is not lore friendly when going off a small bit of lore. Lore is just information made up to explain away what cannot be explained. And to the entities living on Nirn, it could seem that the universe is just made of planes of existence.

I judge it to be so, but in other way: worlds such as Nirn are not lore-friendly to the Star Trek universe. There is so much in TES that hardly ever happens in Star Trek. Read entry for TES on tvtropes page for "Science Fantasy" to clarify it. The real issue is making something interesting of it, not casting away the whole idea as lore-unfriendly. For instance, you might like to reference the mananauts story somehow in your mod.

• 3 weeks later...

How long do you think it will be before this mod comes out?

I'm not sure, I've been having a significant number of issues with my laptop. I'm going to be porting some FO3 mods(With the authors' permission, of course) so that I have the items needed for the mod, and I still have to get Skyrim working again so I can do initial testing.

Ha, I'm actually working on a lore-friendly Star Wars crossover mod, but a different take: It's inspired somewhat by Sillof's amazing custom action figures, which are an alternate take on Star Wars characters in other genre settings. It's pretty far along, has a few quests and several followers and gear, and it's centered around the Oblivion Falcon... a ship that can teleport through the Aether to different spots around Skyrim.

Anyway, thought it was worth mentioning; so funny that we've had these ideas around roughly the same time! Best of luck to you! :D

Ha, I'm actually working on a lore-friendly Star Wars crossover mod, but a different take: It's inspired somewhat by Sillof's amazing custom action figures, which are an alternate take on Star Wars characters in other genre settings. It's pretty far along, has a few quests and several followers and gear, and it's centered around the Oblivion Falcon... a ship that can teleport through the Aether to different spots around Skyrim.

Anyway, thought it was worth mentioning; so funny that we've had these ideas around roughly the same time! Best of luck to you! :D

Sounds interesting :D

I'm just having some issues with my laptop, it's not quite liking Skyrim atm, so I've been having difficulties with making the mod...

And yet, Fallout 3 works almost perfectly...

:/

Well, I'll hopefully get this stupid comp fixed, but it'll be a while.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I totally agree with making a Skytrek but PLEASE don't base it off this "new kid" Star Trek stuff. Just the federation, star ships and, phasers and stuff. You'll start arguments over it just like this Nirn thing going on here. Just stick to the basics and EVERYONE will be happy. If you need help navmeshing, just give me a holler and send me your files.

A crossover can be lore friendly if makes good explanation to combinated the world of both continuities, it not will be 100% lore friendly, but it will be the most lore friendly possible for a crossover between two independent continuities.

It can have contraditions with vanilla lore and still be lore friendly if there is a good explanation. An example is the nature of Mundus, as said before, the societies of Tamriel does not have the level of technology to make space traves, and thats make their beleive they are the only world the normal believe in medieval world visited in Star Trek episodes dealing Prime Directive.

For the Star Trek part i think thePrime Directive preservation should be an important part of the plot. It will be out of character it Federations officers does not try to preserv the directive, of course , just like in many Prime Directive episodes, the Dragonborn can discover the truth by herlsef/himself

About Daedra and Aedra they can be considered by Star Trek characters energy-based aliens or transdimensional aliens (like Q but no as powerfull) adored by the other species of Tamriel. By the Star Trek point of view thats explation its lore friendly, and its not mean that the lorefriendly TES point of view that make then Gods its wrong, its the only explanation possible with the knowledge they have

Edited by javierhimura