7111 replies to this topic

sevencardz

sevencardz

Worst Flying Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts
*You do NOT need to start a new game to upgrade 3.0 -> 3.01
UNINSTALL CWO 2.0 BEFORE YOU UPGRADE TO CWO 3.0.
YOU MUST START A NEW GAME AFTER YOU INSTALL CWO 3.0.
YOU CAN NOT USE A SAVE MADE WITH A DIFFERENT VERSION OF CWO.
YOU CAN NOT USE A SAVE MADE BEFORE THE CIVIL WAR.
YOU CAN NOT USE A SAVE MADE BEFORE CWO WAS INSTALLED.

Failure to follow these instructions carries a high probability that something will go wrong. This is due to a design limitation in the game. We can not help you if you choose to do this. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

I HIGHLY recommend using Mod Organizer to create a separate profile for each installation of CWO. This will keep your mods and game saves separate and won't harm your Skyrim installation.

You may experience some performance issues while using CWO. Quests involving battles for holds such as the Battle for Whiterun are already very demanding on your system in vanilla, and even moreso with CWO.

Tips to optimize performance:

1. Make sure the [Papyrus] section of your Skyrim.ini has the default values, which can be found here:
http://www.creationk...tings_(Papyrus)
2. Disable Ambient Occlusion in your graphics driver software.
3. Turn down shadow resolution or turn exterior shadows off entirely:
Open the game launcher menu and use the interface to turn down the quality of shadows.
Alternatively, you can edit the [Display] section of your SkyrimPrefs.ini with ONE of these tweaks:

[Display]
; Lowers the quality of shadows:
iShadowMapResolution=1024
; Turns exterior shadows OFF:
fShadowDistance=0.0000

The first tip helps to make sure scripts run smoothly. The second two tips are intended to reduce load on your system by lowering the quality of shadows. These changes can be reversed at any time.

COMPLEMENTARY MOD STATUS:

Alternate Start Choose the solider start option or see the Alternate Start mod page for instructions on starting the civil war.
Civil War Repairs No compatibility issues reported. (thanks Fierymarigold)
Immersive Patrols Patrols on the opposing side become hostile to your character during the civil war.
Helgen Reborn Compatibility issues reported. Search the Helgen Reborn comments for details.
Amazing Follower Tweaks Place CWO before AFT in your load order to avoid issues with missing NPCs (thanks CrashMasterJMM)
No Permanent Essentials Reported to cause issues with dialog options when getting orders from Tullius or Rikke (thanks CrashMasterJMM)

Requiem The Roleplaying Overhaul No compatibility issues reported. (thanks Sku11M0nkey)
Skyrim Redone No compatibility issues reported. (thanks to lots of flying monkeys)

Perfect Legionnaire Imperial Armor Reforged as seen in the trailer video.
Extended Stormcloak Armor Variety UltraHD Stormcloak and City Guards Stormlord Armor

Edited by sevencardz, 23 May 2014 - 05:22 AM.

sevencardz

sevencardz

Worst Flying Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts
Hi, I'm a duplicate post.

Edited by sevencardz, 25 June 2013 - 04:59 PM.

Apollodown

Apollodown

Burninator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts
In response to post #8328737.

All sounds good but can we please NOT invoke the wrath of the internet boogeyman?

I'd like my credit cards to still function tomorrow.

ArgusMercenarySCCT

ArgusMercenarySCCT

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 778 posts
In response to post #8324579. #8327965, #8328409, #8328568 are all replies on the same post.

So I lose either way, I can't play the older version because its bugged and I'd prefer not to start all over again but that's the best option I guess. I'll use the console to "level up" then.

Bindiman

Bindiman

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
Did any one find a fix for whiterun guards being hostile to the player ? Tried faction uniforms and console commands, nothing solved it.

sevencardz

sevencardz

Worst Flying Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts
In response to post #8328737. #8328753 is also a reply to the same post.

lol, not sure what you mean or if you're serious, in any case: edited? Also, you can make a new sticky and it should pop up above mine.

Edited by sevencardz, 25 June 2013 - 05:04 PM.

Apollodown

Apollodown

Burninator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts
In response to post #8326439. #8326633, #8327360, #8327918, #8328168, #8328340 are all replies on the same post.

*sigh* is an excellent answer - it conveys my annoyance at people asking me if their favorite mod is compatible. I normally wouldn't have responded, but everybody else's post makes it clear that I have to if only to dispel rumors.

Warzones, like any other mod that's not in my list of incompatibles, IS COMPATIBLE UNTIL SOMEBODY TELLS ME OTHERWISE. Nobody has reported incompatibility yet.

That being said, if you haven't yet learned what all the other people have posted(that warzones turns your game into a crash-fest)...

ArgusMercenarySCCT

ArgusMercenarySCCT

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 778 posts
In response to post #8326439. #8326633, #8327360, #8327918, #8328168, #8328340, #8328791 are all replies on the same post.

I had Warzones too, its broken, abandoned and bugged. I couldn't even play it with low spawns and every time I tried to go to Dawnstar my game would crash. If you want a mod that adds battles, look up Immersive Patrols, it adds battles and a lot more. Warzones isn't worth the time or hassle it takes to get it "working"

Apollodown

Apollodown

Burninator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts
In response to post #8328737. #8328753, #8328781 are all replies on the same post.

:) thanks.

Good edit.

Apollodown

Apollodown

Burninator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts
In response to post #8328780.

You need to update the mod.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users