Civil War Overhaul
Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:06 AM
I just finished the civil war on 1.07, and encountered a couple of small bugs near the end of the imperial quest chain, one of which has persisted past the end of the quest.
1. When I was sent to Riften to find info for blackmail, I was attacked on sight by everyone in the city even though I was not wearing any imperial gear and had never been to riften before on this save. I worked around this by turning on god-mode in the console, running in and grabbing the evidence and then talking to the quest target (don't remember her name) while 20 guards tried to kill me. As soon as I talked to her, they all stopped fighting until I left the palace. Then I just ran like hell until I was away from riften and out of combat before turning off god-mode.
2. During the portion of Battle for Riften that takes place outside the city, I had 2 copies of Rikke. At some point, one of them went away because there was only one when I got to the Jarl.
3. The battle for windhelm didn't happen. I went there, and all the stuff outside the city looked like there was a battle raging. Tullius and Rikke were waiting out side the doors to the city, etc. However, when I went into the city, there were a whopping 6 city guards to fight. Kind of a let-down. Once I entered the palace, everything was normal right up until.....
4. Rikke became hostile and started attacking me once galmar was dead and Tullius told me to execute Ulfric. Having an essential NPC want you dead is kind of a problem. The only way I was able to solve it was to use the console to disable and enable her. Then she stopped.
5. The last bug is the most annoying, and I don't know how to fix it. Somewhere in between messing with Rikke, listening to Tullius' speach, and talking to both Tullius and Rikke after it was all over, the dramatic "you're about to have a big boss fight" music kicked in, and it's stuck in a permanent loop. I played for a couple hours after that, and I finally had to just give up and mute the music. Any clue on how to fix that?
One last question: I like to keep my mods up to date in case I get a wild hair and roll another character. Is it safe to upgrade to 1.08 after the CW is completed? It seems like it should be, but this mod makes so many changes I thought I should ask first.
Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:09 AM
Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:44 AM
Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:48 PM
I have not upgraded to 1.08, since it appears from your change log that only fixes a problem I have never had.
In 1.07, I was able to successfully complete the Battle of Whiterun (Imperials side), but after Balgruuf's speech, the drawbridge was raised and seems intent on staying that way.
I was given the objective to regain the pale, talk to Tullius. He told me to meet Rikke in the Pale camp. I go there, she says we are taking Dawnguard, but the message tells me to defend Morthal. I return to an older save, same process but this time When Rikke tells me to attack Dawnguard the game message says to go to Falkreath.
This is the same problem I had with 1.06.
I would like to know if there are people playing on the Imperials side that do not get quest mismatches, and if so, are they using any of the following:
(these I use--wondering if they are related to the problem:}
ERSO Better Enemy AI
(these I don't use, wondering if adding them might help)
Unoffical patches (Skyrim, Dawnguard, Dragonborn)
It does seem to me that if there are people who are able to play through the whole quest successfully, then the problems I am seeing are more likely to be related something else I am doing. I would be very grateful for any feedback.
Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:02 PM
Edited by jojobe, 01 July 2013 - 01:09 PM.
Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:35 PM
and instal 1.8 i have more than ctd than ever so don't know
Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:09 PM
-When you get a liberate <hold> mission go to that camp to see Galmar
-If Galmar says something strange don't listen to him
-A battle for <city> should start after he's done talking but it's possible you'll be sent to a completely different hold. This is not a bug it's probably intended (story explanation could be that while the stormcloaks were liberating Falkreath the imperials launched a surprise attack on Whiterun.)
-After you're done with the battle it will say report to Ulfric but don't listen to it he won't have a dialog option if you go see him.
-Go back to the camp instead to see Galmar. Again he'll say something and a battle for <hold you're actually in> should start now.
-After the battle report to Ulfric will pop up again but at this point the liberate <hold> objective is still not complete. You'll have to go back to the camp again and as you approach the commander tent you should get the completed message.
-Now going back to Ulfric will have the dialog option to give you the quest to liberate the next hold.
Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:20 PM
First off, I'm loving this mod so far. I'm really impressed and I'm having a lot of fun so far.
I think I might have a problem, but I'm not entirely sure if it's supposed to be like this or if something is wrong... So maybe spoilers? Not sure.
I just won the battle of whiterun for Ulfric. Jarl surrendered and all that jazz. The way the Jarl surrendered made it sound like to me that his soldiers would no longer be hostile. I was able to leave whiterun without a problem. But then (after returning to Ulfric and giving him the good news and getting a title) I started making my way to Falkreath. I was walking through Riverwood when suddenly all the whiterun guards became hostile. Are they still in the imperial faction and are part of the kill on site thing since I'm a stormy? I also don't fast travel so I don't believe it was a glitch there. Had my weapons sheathed so I didn't kill a chicken. I also don't have a bounty because even when I resheathed my weapons to surrender, they didn't try to take me to jail or anything.
Anywho, I just wanted to see if this was intended and I misinterpreted the Jarl's speech thing or what? Thanks again for the mod Apollo!
Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:08 PM
Ran through 2 new games on imperial side and always get to the point with the forged documents where I can not hand them over because they're hostile to me.
Used the commands outlined in the description but that didn't stop the general from attacking me.
Has anyone resolved this? I read through quite a few posts but couldn't find a straight answer/resolution.
9 user(s) are reading this topic
1 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users
Google (1), jacobbrown72