• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7111 replies to this topic

VeeDubb65

VeeDubb65

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
WARNING: There may be spoilers in this post for anyone who hasn't completed the civil war. No way to avoid it because my bugs all happened very late in the war.

I just finished the civil war on 1.07, and encountered a couple of small bugs near the end of the imperial quest chain, one of which has persisted past the end of the quest.

1. When I was sent to Riften to find info for blackmail, I was attacked on sight by everyone in the city even though I was not wearing any imperial gear and had never been to riften before on this save. I worked around this by turning on god-mode in the console, running in and grabbing the evidence and then talking to the quest target (don't remember her name) while 20 guards tried to kill me. As soon as I talked to her, they all stopped fighting until I left the palace. Then I just ran like hell until I was away from riften and out of combat before turning off god-mode.

2. During the portion of Battle for Riften that takes place outside the city, I had 2 copies of Rikke. At some point, one of them went away because there was only one when I got to the Jarl.

3. The battle for windhelm didn't happen. I went there, and all the stuff outside the city looked like there was a battle raging. Tullius and Rikke were waiting out side the doors to the city, etc. However, when I went into the city, there were a whopping 6 city guards to fight. Kind of a let-down. Once I entered the palace, everything was normal right up until.....

4. Rikke became hostile and started attacking me once galmar was dead and Tullius told me to execute Ulfric. Having an essential NPC want you dead is kind of a problem. The only way I was able to solve it was to use the console to disable and enable her. Then she stopped.

5. The last bug is the most annoying, and I don't know how to fix it. Somewhere in between messing with Rikke, listening to Tullius' speach, and talking to both Tullius and Rikke after it was all over, the dramatic "you're about to have a big boss fight" music kicked in, and it's stuck in a permanent loop. I played for a couple hours after that, and I finally had to just give up and mute the music. Any clue on how to fix that?

One last question: I like to keep my mods up to date in case I get a wild hair and roll another character. Is it safe to upgrade to 1.08 after the CW is completed? It seems like it should be, but this mod makes so many changes I thought I should ask first.

orogun

orogun

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
I had a weird bug, I was attacked by stormcloak rogues within a city in what appeared to be an assassination attempt (kinda cool). Problem was that as soon as I tried to defend myself the city guard and some loyal NPC regarded me as hostile(Probably because I was in Riften which sides with the Stormcloacks). I don't know if this what was intended but it is kind of annoying since not only do I have to kill some major NPC I have to kill the whole city guard and incur a bounty.

MisterStalkeR

MisterStalkeR

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
In response to post #8348659. #8350646, #8350706, #8350851, #8354367, #8361771, #8365809 are all replies on the same post.

Ok so...whiterun complete. Now i'm supposed to "Liberate Falkreath Hold". I talk to Galmar, he tells we're launching the attack on Solitude (wtf?) then completely disappears, seconds later i recieve a quest to Take Whiterun again.... Am i stuck? Again?

Georgiegril

Georgiegril

I'm always like this

• Premium Member
  • 4,450 posts
I started a new game with 1.07.
I have not upgraded to 1.08, since it appears from your change log that only fixes a problem I have never had.

In 1.07, I was able to successfully complete the Battle of Whiterun (Imperials side), but after Balgruuf's speech, the drawbridge was raised and seems intent on staying that way.

I was given the objective to regain the pale, talk to Tullius. He told me to meet Rikke in the Pale camp. I go there, she says we are taking Dawnguard, but the message tells me to defend Morthal. I return to an older save, same process but this time When Rikke tells me to attack Dawnguard the game message says to go to Falkreath.

This is the same problem I had with 1.06.

I would like to know if there are people playing on the Imperials side that do not get quest mismatches, and if so, are they using any of the following:
(these I use--wondering if they are related to the problem:}
Dawnguard
Dragonborn
UFO
Convenient horses
Inconsequential NPCs
Skyre
ERSO Better Enemy AI

(these I don't use, wondering if adding them might help)
Unoffical patches (Skyrim, Dawnguard, Dragonborn)

It does seem to me that if there are people who are able to play through the whole quest successfully, then the problems I am seeing are more likely to be related something else I am doing. I would be very grateful for any feedback.

jojobe

jojobe

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
In response to post #8366805. #8366951 is also a reply to the same post.

No worries fluff is standard information every site has it. Even though people should read it because it contain information about the game that's insightful people attention span are not that long. You do have a good mod going. Cheers.

Edited by jojobe, 01 July 2013 - 01:09 PM.

asulf756

asulf756

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
In response to post #8362467. #8362561, #8363119, #8363515 are all replies on the same post.

hello mi to i had ctd but , in the rift battle after breaking the first barricade, nobody now's how to fix it it some thinks abouts our own mods i think,but after uninstall and reinstal the all game

and instal 1.8 i have more than ctd than ever so don't know

TheFalcon19

TheFalcon19

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
In response to post #8348659. #8350646, #8350706, #8350851, #8354367, #8361771, #8365809, #8367372 are all replies on the same post.

Here's how I approach the war missions to make them work:
-When you get a liberate <hold> mission go to that camp to see Galmar
-If Galmar says something strange don't listen to him
-A battle for <city> should start after he's done talking but it's possible you'll be sent to a completely different hold. This is not a bug it's probably intended (story explanation could be that while the stormcloaks were liberating Falkreath the imperials launched a surprise attack on Whiterun.)
-After you're done with the battle it will say report to Ulfric but don't listen to it he won't have a dialog option if you go see him.
-Go back to the camp instead to see Galmar. Again he'll say something and a battle for <hold you're actually in> should start now.
-After the battle report to Ulfric will pop up again but at this point the liberate <hold> objective is still not complete. You'll have to go back to the camp again and as you approach the commander tent you should get the completed message.
-Now going back to Ulfric will have the dialog option to give you the quest to liberate the next hold.

TheBladeEdge

TheBladeEdge

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
In response to post #8363464. #8364107, #8368205, #8368655 are all replies on the same post.

Didn't notice the update. Didn't expect such a bug at 1.6 version of anything though. I'll give it a go.

marbai

marbai

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

First off, I'm loving this mod so far. I'm really impressed and I'm having a lot of fun so far.

I think I might have a problem, but I'm not entirely sure if it's supposed to be like this or if something is wrong... So maybe spoilers? Not sure.

I just won the battle of whiterun for Ulfric. Jarl surrendered and all that jazz. The way the Jarl surrendered made it sound like to me that his soldiers would no longer be hostile. I was able to leave whiterun without a problem. But then (after returning to Ulfric and giving him the good news and getting a title) I started making my way to Falkreath. I was walking through Riverwood when suddenly all the whiterun guards became hostile. Are they still in the imperial faction and are part of the kill on site thing since I'm a stormy? I also don't fast travel so I don't believe it was a glitch there. Had my weapons sheathed so I didn't kill a chicken. I also don't have a bounty because even when I resheathed my weapons to surrender, they didn't try to take me to jail or anything. 

Anywho, I just wanted to see if this was intended and I misinterpreted the Jarl's speech thing or what? Thanks again for the mod Apollo!

nethstar

nethstar

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
So am I right in thinking that this does not really work well for imperial side?
Ran through 2 new games on imperial side and always get to the point with the forged documents where I can not hand them over because they're hostile to me.

Used the commands outlined in the description but that didn't stop the general from attacking me.

Has anyone resolved this? I read through quite a few posts but couldn't find a straight answer/resolution.
Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 1.184 seconds