• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7111 replies to this topic

Kozoi

Kozoi

Fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
Okay I'm confused. For some reason my character was added to the Stormcloak faction and both the Imperial Legion and Whiterun Guard were attempting to tear my face off and wear it as a novelty mask. (Maybe because I wore Stormcloak Gear in Helgen? I sided with Hadvar though.) Even if my character was added to the Stormcloak faction, I don't understand why the Whiterun Guard would be aggressive towards that faction since they're meant to have not taken a side in the war.

dzorro

dzorro

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts
In response to post #8494176.

What did you do to complete it ?? i have been trying playing this mod since version 1.0 and never passed from Whiterun battles ?? I am still stuck at battle of falkreath and never got any more missions after that.

What side did you play ??

So far imperial side and i can't even deliver the axe to ulfric since they will attack me on side.

dylansama

dylansama

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

In response to post #8494176.

What did you do to complete it ?? i have been trying playing this mod since version 1.0 and never passed from Whiterun battles ?? I am still stuck at battle of falkreath and never got any more missions after that.

What side did you play ??

So far imperial side and i can't even deliver the axe to ulfric since they will attack me on side.

I used the console to move the quest to the next stage, but I realized afterwords that if you are wearing full stormcloak gear stormcloaks are friendly, if you are using the mod with SKSE anyway.   I suspect that you need to kill a stormcloak out somewhere in the wilds and wear the uniform into the city to deliver the axe.

dylansama

dylansama

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

So I just started replaying skyrim with the 1.1 patch installed and I ran into a rather bizzare bug. I have quite a few other add ons installed so I'm not sure if it is a combination of addons or what, but just to give you a basic run down, I'm not using open cities, I tried but it seemed to crash my game quite a bit so I removed it and started a clean game.  

I do have Alternative start loaded though, and this is relevant to the bug. I started the game in the small jail cell that you start with in Alternative start, and selected camping in the woods which starts you right next to the cave exit from Helgen I walked into the cave and rescued Hadvar and then started playing from there as a normal new game. I did the companion quest line before I went to Castle Dour to join the imperial legion.

This is where the fun begins, General Tullius is not there, Legate Rikke is having a scripted conversation with Tullus but since he isn't there she is talking to herself. There is also no map marker for the quest to join the legion which is supposed to point to Tullius.  So I decided to fix this with the console and used the placeatme command to create a new copy of Tullius, but this copy bugged after completing the jagged crown so I went back to a save before I spawed the new copy and just for fun used the moveto command to attempt to move me to whereever Tullius had gone to. 

At this point the game dropped me into that tiny cell from Alternative start. Both Tullius and Ulfric are there and they are fighting each other. Of course they are both essential so neither can die, they seem to just be going at it with each other in that small room.  So I reload and use the move to player command to move Tullius to castle dour, I also had to go the Windhelm and move Ulfric back to his throne room as well.  After that the game started workding properly and I've gotten all the way to capturing Riften with out a hitch, not sure what could have caused this but thought others might want to be aware of a posible issue with this mod and Alternative start.

sevencardz

sevencardz

Worst Flying Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
In response to post #8498206.

It sounds like you either missed something to trigger completion of the Unbound quest (so double check and see if it's still active in your journal) or you encountered some buggy situation preventing Alternate Start from acknowledging you completed the Unbound quest (Arthmoor puts Ulfric and Tullius in that starting room on purpose to force the correct sequence of events on you).

Normally, you have to chat with people and hear rumors about Helgen in order to start the Unbound quest, if it hasn't been completed. Did that happen? Did you say you went BACKWARDS through the cave to rescue Hadvar? This may be where the problem started.

For quickness, I always use the soldier start from Alternate Start, which will automatically complete the Unbound quest and the preliminary civil war initiation quest, so I suggest you try the solider start just to see if Ulfric appears in the proper location. If he does, then it is likely an issue with the other start method you used and/or the sequence of events thereafter. For help with that stuff, you're better off asking on the Alternate Start forum.

endtherapture

endtherapture

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I used the fix tool you built, seemed to go through okay, but now all Stormcloaks attack me on sight, including all guards for Stormcloak cities, and the faction console command to stop their hostility does not work.

Apollodown

Apollodown

Burninator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts
In response to post #8494935. #8498586 is also a reply to the same post.

Comment reported for obvious reasons(less obvious now that the mods deleted it so you'll just have to trust me).

DISCUSSION LOCKED.

Edited by Apollodown, 21 July 2013 - 10:19 PM.

dylansama

dylansama

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Normally, you have to chat with people and hear rumors about Helgen in order to start the Unbound quest, if it hasn't been completed. Did that happen? Did you say you went BACKWARDS through the cave to rescue Hadvar? This may be where the problem started.

For quickness, I always use the soldier start from Alternate Start, which will automatically complete the Unbound quest and the preliminary civil war initiation quest, so I suggest you try the solider start just to see if Ulfric appears in the proper location. If he does, then it is likely an issue with the other start method you used and/or the sequence of events thereafter. For help with that stuff, you're better off asking on the Alternate Start forum.

Hmm, that's posible. I think I did things right from the standpoint of alternative start. It's scripted so that as soon as the game starts you see the dragon fly over head and when you enter the cave hadvar is on the ground and needs a health potion to get him up and moving, then you get a quest complete when you exit the cave, but It's posible I did something in the wrong order...I've used this start method before and it worked fine, but now that I think about it I believe there is a journal you are supposed to find on a dead body outside the cave that starts part of the quest line. I didn't pick up this time so that might have caused it. 

Thanks for the suggestion.

Hsmith2345

Hsmith2345

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
Ok guys I need some help I need to pick weather I am going to play as The Storm Cloaks, Or The Imperials. I can play as the lap dogs of the Thalmor who look at everybody equally, or I could play as the freedom fighting racist Nords. Someone Help me decide!

spaceborn

spaceborn

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Wow I just broke Whiterun with this civil war overhaul thing. Firstly it says "Meet with Galmor Stone-fist" in battle for Whiterun when I am actually an imperial. The game just skips the Legate Rikki speech thing and no matter how many Stormcloaks I kill they keep coming. Even when they break through the barricade and the draw bridge every soldier just enters Whiterun but I cant enter it. So Im just stuck outside Whiterun with Galmor Stone-fist attacking me. ALSO HE DOESN'T DIE.

So I fled from whiterun and headed towards solitude. Then a message played saying "BATTLE OF WHITERUN FAILED". I headed back hoping I could maybe enter Whiterun now.I head to Dragonsreach and enter it. Now all the guards in Dragonsreach are attacking me while in the background Jarl Baalgruf thanks me for supporting him and tells me that I can get a house in Whiterun. I'M GOING TO BED

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 1.239 seconds