Civil War Overhaul

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7111 replies to this topic

tonycubed2

tonycubed2

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 7,410 posts
NEVER INSTALL ANYTHING MID-GAME. NEVER UNINSTALL ANYTHING MID-GAME. NO MATTER WHAT IT IS. NO MATTER HOW SMALL IT IS. IF YOU START A GAME WITH A MOD, YOU ARE STUCK WITH IT. GOOD PLAN? GREAT PLAN.

Can I please quote you on that statement?

bippyg

bippyg

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 424 posts
Apollodown seems to be right about everything. In response to an earlier post, he said that my slow-down and weird script problems were probably because the cpu was overloaded. He was right! Apparently, shadow rendering is a big load on the cpu. I turned down the ishadowmapresolution lines in skyrimprefs, and bam! Not a single freeze or crash since. I can even play the civil war with two followers along. All the scripts run correctly.

Btw, I'm no expert. All my .ini changes ( I have a few others) are trial and error. My system is perfectly stable now (with many script-intensive mods). Settings that work for me may not work for you.

Applause for apollodown and his awesome mods! The dragon combat one is cool too.

Shep309

Shep309

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
In response to post #8893997.

I agree, all told he has probably one of the most stable mods out there. Considering he is overhauling a pretty significant minor questline

Edited by Shep309, 24 August 2013 - 06:02 AM.

Garfink

Garfink

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
In response to post #8893688.

I think if the civil quest line bugs out, you simply can't continue it, but the rest of the game should run. But you can't uninstall it and have to live with the residue of it in your game, unless you start a new game.

Sounds like you have a 15% chance of bugging out.

Edited by Garfink, 24 August 2013 - 06:41 AM.

Apollodown

Apollodown

Burninator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts
In response to post #8893997. #8894363 is also a reply to the same post.

So it was shadow rendering huh? Good bc when you told me your rig I seriously questioned myself - an i7 should be able to easily handle any scripts thrown at it. But shadow rendering in skyrim goes thru the CPU(THANKS A TON CONSOLE KIDDIES) and can create an epic CPU bottleneck, which is why I play with low shadows and won't look back till the next gen of CPUs.

If Sven would update his sticky with this important issue, this happens 2-3 times a week?

Some people seem to believe these changes are simple edits I made one Tuesday night when in reality editing the civil war requires more care than anything else, due to its ability to touch nearly every aspect of the game, its size, and its planned dynamicism. A CWO update takes me 10x more programming and overall coding sexiness than a DCO update.

Speaking of which, planning is officially in progress for CWO v2. Big things are in the works. BUT no giant quest restoration: the dialogue was not programmed in already which is one of my restoration requirements(makes it far easier to translate). Same goes with the Orc on a vision quest. Maybe one day, but definitely not in v2.

Also, no cavalry in v2. I had significant difficulty making it happen(I spent about 5 hrs on it before giving it up). Furthermore I can't add them in as regular soldiers because I'm sure their path finding would be all screwy, so they'd need to be fully scripted. Blech. If an enterprising modder wants to make it happen I can show them how to add it in, but ill leave that to them bc I'm out with regards to cavalry.

EDIT one more thing: most of the posted and confirmed bugs can and will be fixed. A serious minority of these might not get fixed(the worst of which is the invisible soldiers forcing you to reload or console advance bug - I still don't know what's causing this but I've definitely seen it myself and can confirm it), but those bugs are definitely in the minority. For the most part, all CWO 1.1 features should be bug free in v2(added features will of course probably have a few of their own, obviously, but that is to be expected).

Edited by Apollodown, 24 August 2013 - 07:40 AM.

MIKE2000NL

MIKE2000NL

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

So i completed the Imperial quest line and i'd like to give my feedback :)

So i started a new game and joined Hadvar etc.

I didn't encounter any problems until the dawnstar quests. I was disguised in full Stormcloak gear but i was still attacked, and when i started the final attack mission there was not a single Stormcloak and not a single Imperial. Just markers where the NPC's should be. And the same thing happened during the final Winterhold quest.

Riften went good, and during the assault on Windhelm  the quest randomly ended, when i was just past the market.

Also i waited a couple of days in between of hold capturing, hoping that i would be attacked or something, but i wasn't attacked a single time.

Does anyone know how to fix the battle of Dawnstar and Winterhold?

Also does anyone know how to start a defensive battle?

Unf0reseen87

Unf0reseen87

Journeyman

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
In response to post #8893997. #8894363, #8894597 are all replies on the same post.

Shep, just pointing out that the civil war is not considered a minor quest line.

Unf0reseen87

Unf0reseen87

Journeyman

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Deleted by Self.

Edited by Unf0reseen87, 24 August 2013 - 06:37 PM.

shinji72

shinji72

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts
In response to post #8882091. #8883360, #8889188 are all replies on the same post.

i correct you. It does tell you how many of you forces are left.

GuaZi

GuaZi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
In response to post #8854488. #8855786, #8857614, #8862980, #8880995, #8882081 are all replies on the same post.

Ok It works now. I reinstalled it again and now they are not automatically hostile from the start anymore.
Question: It is normal that Whiterun guards attack you when wearing Stormcloak armor is it?
Also 'set cwocurrenthold to 0' is necessary for each new game for the moment?
Thx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 1.093 seconds