25 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 984,547 posts
Clothing Armor

Converts all clothing to have an armor rating.

Topken

Topken

Journeyman

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Hmm I normally use robes and a hood with light bracers and light armour boots so I can see this helping out while playing a mage

Rinobi

Rinobi

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
To be clear, clothing is now treated as light armor? Meaning that 'clothing' no longer exists in Skyrim with this mod installed, just lighter armor?
If you added the light armor keyword to clothes, doesn't that prevent certain alteration perks, that benifit you from not wearing armor, from working?

Also, if you're playing as a pure mage, do you really want your light armor skill to increase at all, for any reason?
I won't be able to test it out until later, so I thought I'd ask now.

wetwire

wetwire

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
In response to post #8258863.

The reason clothing falls under the class of light armor is because in the CK setting the unlabelled pulldown next to weight to None forces it to be clothing. This also makes the armor rating 0. I looked at how the game handles clothing with armor ratings. An example is the Shrouded Robes have a Armor rating of 18, but are listed as None in that drop down. They have an extra keyword of Armorcuirass but it does not effect the armor rating. Looking at the shrouded robes in game have a 0 armor because they are clothing. The moment i change that dropdown to light or heavy, the assigned armor rating shows in game.
I did not add the light armor keyword to any clothing so they are still seen by the perk system as Armorclothing. So magic should still work normally.
If there is another way to have clothing remain "clothing" with an armor rating, and not have to be light or heavy armor i have not found it yet.

dlobo1999

dlobo1999

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Wow.
Immersion = SHATTERED
:(

wetwire

wetwire

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
In response to post #8258929.

I don't see how, a fully clothed mage will still be squishy compared to all light or heavy armored character. I can see this making the commoner a little more resilient but compared to the dragonborn that means very little after level 10. You still can not craft clothing, and can not upgrade clothing like before. Besides, if it breaks the lore to much avoid starting the game with the mod installed.

Edited by wetwire, 15 June 2013 - 07:57 AM.

HarteNuss

HarteNuss

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
You do realise that mages wear cloth because they can enhance their armor with alteration anyways...?

wetwire

wetwire

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
In response to post #8258973.

Mage can do that with light and heavy armor too right? The clothing armor value is very little, 8 for chest compared to 20-30 for light armor. It was intended as an option for clothing. The ability to look like a mage and have an armor rating higher then 0.

Edited by wetwire, 15 June 2013 - 08:00 AM.

Deadraqueen

Deadraqueen

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
What this mod helps with is if you like changing into cloths when at home or inside city limits and you want to look nice while doing your mercantile things around town and there is an attack from vampires or a thief or even a giant outside you hearthfire home well it helps just a little to your armor rating not much as real armor but enough to look nice and slightly being protected.

KUZYA

KUZYA

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
In response to post #8258973. #8258979 is also a reply to the same post.

he wanted to tell you that there are perks for mages that give you around 40% damage resistance if you are wearing cloth (no armor rating) and thats more than most armors in game

Edited by KUZYA, 15 June 2013 - 08:10 AM.

Page loaded in: 1.128 seconds