Skyrim has stopped working SKSE Problem

CosMic92

i dont know if anyone else is still having the "skyrim stopped working" problem. Im recently having problem with it. But somehow i got around it. Just go to SKSE/plugins, delete StorageUtil.save. Worked for me.

OH GOD THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU'RE MY SAVIOR

I have this problem but I don't have a StorageUtil.save.

Yeah me neither. Skyrim worked fine a couple of hours ago and now it doesn't anymore? CTD's on startup without notice and sometimes it says that Skyrim stopped working.

• 4 weeks later...

Same here, played last night with no problems, then this morning as soon as the cmd prompt pops up for SKSE, it crashes. Haven't installed any new mods or anything. Even my vanilla and stable backups don't work.

thats now my problem. i dont get anything but a small window at the top left 3 seconds later "skyrim has stopped working" skse and steam launcher does the same thing

I started having the same issue several months ago, I just finally got around to reinstalling everything. Still no luck....

I've tried:

steam beta opt out

removing StorageUtil

loading skyrim with no mods

fixing load order with BOSS

cleaning mods and masters with TES5edit

checking for load errors with TES5edit

No such luck yet, i hope someone can give insight to this issue.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just out of the blue I have this problem also now.

I just got GTX 980, installed new drivers and did a lot of play testing in skyrim and everything worked ok.

Last evening I did some more overclocking of the 980 and many stability tests. Did not crash or anything. When I found a stable overclock I wanted to test it out in Skyrim and then strange things started to happen.

When launching Skyrim from mod organizer the game crashed with no warning when entering main menu. Then I tried again and then I got "skyrim have stopped working" when loading a game.

I dont have a StorageUtil.save either and dont know where to start :(

• 3 months later...