Best castle/player home mod?

GiantSweetroll

Hi, I am looking for a good and active castle or player home mod. Can anyone give me suggestions on what mod should I use? The mod should be pretty lore-friendly and still quite active (at least compatible with the latest 1.9 patch).

I have, but most of them are not to my taste or out of date/not supported anymore. Can anyone using the mod Build Your Own Homw or Deus Mons explain if the 2 mods can work together with the latest skyrim version?

What do you use your home for?

I personally don't really spend much time in my homes.

They're just places where I can decorate things with loot.

So I'd personally just be happy with a floating rock in the sky with a nice view and pretty tables for loot.

I'm sure you've heard of Dovahndor. I stopped using it a long time ago because it wasn't being updated and it was honestly too massive to be remotely practical.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25448/

But it has been updated less than a month ago, so maybe you'd consider it.

Well actually I would use my home to house my followers :biggrin: . Pretty stupid huh ;D :P . I also use my home to store my things. As for Dovahndor, it's a great player home but I am worried about the bugs it currently has. Maybe I'll try this in the future.

If you like dwemer architecture, then my favourite is Nchuzzrezar. It's expensive, so not really cheaty; quite big; has a large armoury with scripted displays for unique weapons and the dragon claws; scripted containers for things like ingredients and smithing items; a large room with shelves and display cases; room for 6 followers, and; a quest to get some portals to the main cities activated.

Well there's my own castle stonespire which is in the process of being updated. The update should be finished by the end of the month. There's also my Grayhill Keep abode which is very much lore friendly and includes a pseudo quest to earn it. Both may be of particular interest to you. Each of them have five beds for followers.

Edited by Kraeten