9 replies to this topic

Seren4XX

Seren4XX

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,620 posts
1: Preparation.

Use Wrye Bash to "ESMify" "The Ningheim.ESP". It's an option you get once you right-click on the ningheim ESP in the Wrye Bash load order. Note, that you don't want to start up NMM with this ESM in place, 'cause it will screw up your load order, sadly. If you take it away before starting NMM your load order will remain fine.
Load up the ESM in the CK with all the required masters, and:

2: Follow the video tutorial all the way.

3: Some more preparation.

Before we continue, please write down the tintmasks your follower uses. You can find them in your follower's Actor record under the Character Gen Parts Tab. Tintmasks that your follower uses can be recognized by checking which of them have an Interpolation value of more than 0.0. Also, write down their RGB color values, and the name of the colour setting only for vanilla colour presets. Do the same for the skin tone. We'll use this data at the end.
Once you're done doing that, and made sure that you've done the final step of the video where you export the follower's Face Data, do the following:
Get TES5Edit, and load up your follower mod with all its required masters in it. Go to your ESPs file header, and manually change the "The Ningheim.esm" line to "The Ningheim.esp". Press the "X" at the top-right of the window to save and quit.
You don't need the ESM anymore after that, and you can take it out of your Data folder. You will only need it again should you wish to edit your follower plugin later on. To do that you can change back the master reference in TES5Edit again as I explained just now.

In the game your follower will appear perfectly fine, save for his/her tintmasks being of low resolution (256x256). That means any warpaint, make-up, and related face tintmasks will always appear at a resolution of maximum 256x256 pixels. The Ningheim has 2048x2048 warpaint and other high-res tintmasks, so the result so far is lacking. That's when you can do this trick.

4: Use NPC Editor to export full-resolution tintmasks.

You may be thinking: "NPC Editor??? But that doesn't support custom races!". And you're totally right.
You aren't going to load The Ningheim in it, but instead you will...
  • First, make sure you know which tintmasks your follower uses. If you followed the tutorial to the letter you already have this information. If not, they're easily found in the CK in your follower's record or by looking at the exported FaceTint (data/textures/actors/character/FaceGenData) if it doesn't contain many overlapping tintmasks.
  • Replace vanilla tintmasks of the same type with the ones you need for the follower.
  • Make sure you know the colour values/names for the tintmasks AND skin tone your follower uses. Should you need to look them up, TES5Edit can show you those RGB values under the follower's Actor record. Have them written down somewhere.
  • Load up NPC Editor, start it up with the basic Skyrim ESM, and apply the tintmasks (w/Appropriate colours) and skin tone to whatever NPC you like. Keep "Save to BSA" off, and instead use "Save as new plugin". Once you're done, save it and find the FaceTint you're looking for under "data/textures/actors/character/FaceGenData/FaceTint/YourNPCEditorPluginName.esp". Use that to replace the FaceTint of your own plugin in "data/textures/actors/character/FaceGenData/FaceTint/YourRealFollowerPluginName.esp".

That's it! Your custom race follower is now done. =)

Edited by Seren4XX, 20 June 2013 - 11:17 PM.

Gastrin

Gastrin

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
In response to post #8296439.

Thanks for the tutorial it really helped me out. Great work.

Seren4XX

Seren4XX

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,620 posts
In response to post #8296439. #8316322 is also a reply to the same post.

You're welcome! I'm glad it worked out for you. :D

AgainstAllGods

AgainstAllGods

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
In response to post #8296439. #8316322, #8366371 are all replies on the same post.

Thanks Seren whit this Elena will have a new companion :D

ShadowWolf81

ShadowWolf81

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
In response to post #8296439. #8316322, #8366371, #8490101 are all replies on the same post.

Every time i try to open up Creation kit.. i keep getting error messages =T.. Most dealing with "Update.esm" not having values set or something =(.

If i sent someone the .npc file for my character, and a few requests.. be willing to make a custom follower of her for me to pass along to a friend? or atleast get her to the point were i 'might' be able to open her up in Creation kit to 'flush' her out?

Gamertech100

Gamertech100

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Just noticed the normal res tints. lol Thank you for providing those.

Edited by Gamertech100, 22 February 2014 - 01:07 AM.

Gamertech100

Gamertech100

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
I'd just like to say thank you for the Ningheim race, their without doubt my favourite characters in Skyrim, and sorry about the waffling on about problems creating an Npc I've just found it a bit frustrating.

Edited by Gamertech100, 21 February 2014 - 06:51 PM.

Seren4XX

Seren4XX

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,620 posts
In response to post #12183200.

No problem. :) Glad you're enjoying the race.

jeyoon

jeyoon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Extremely helpful, thanks very much!!!!

Skylaskyrim

Skylaskyrim

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
When I use Tesv Edit to change the file from .esm to .esp it never saves even when I exit out. Help!?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 1.013 seconds