Dxtory with Skyrim (ENB and SKSE)

DZ302

Hello, I was able to run Dxtory when using Skyrim + ENB, but since I got SKSE installed, Dxtory causes Skyrim to CTD. Previously I had to start Skyrim, load a game, tab out and then launch Dxtory, but now if I do that it will CTD.

Is there a way around that or will I have to settle with Fraps?

Never used Dxtory... (never even heard about it before now actually)

There's certain programs (a lot actually) who cannot deal with a modified d3d9.dll file that ENB uses. If it doesnt work, and the application doesnt come with an option to allow such a thing, the only alternative is to either use another application capable of dealing with it, or stop using a modified d3d9.dll.

What are you using it for? If you're using it to see your fps you can do that with both the ENB you are using and Fraps. If you're using it to limit your fps you can also do that with the ENB you're using (and it works better). If you're using it to capture video and decide to use Fraps instead you'll either have to buy a license to get its full functionality (unless that has changed) or capture video in 30 second bursts.

I have FRAPS and Dxtory, I want it mainly for videos and to take screenshots, but FRAPS is not a very good recording software. The filesize is very large (you're going to compress when you edit it anyway), one clip is split up into multiple files, and there is a microstutter everytime it creates a new file (like every 40 seconds), and it has a huge performance hit, plus you can't record and play at different FPS like you can in Dxtory.

Dxtory was working with ENB + Skyrim, it doesn't work with SKSE however, I know some people have it working, for example Gopher records his videos with Dxtory.

It sounds like you know more about Fraps and Dxtory than I do so I won't be able to help. I did do some testing though. When using Dxtory with both ENB and SKSE I get a crash. When I disable ENB and leave Dxtory and SKSE active the game loads up normally. I haven't tried uninstalling SKSE and then using ENB with Dxtory since you already tried it, but it seems there's some kind of conflict when you use all three programs together.

I'm not sure how Gopher is getting it to work. I read a comment on one of his videos on Youtube where he said he was using a hardware recorder now instead of Dxtory, but he didn't say the reason why. Perhaps this is the reason. If you want to see the comment it's at the very top of the comments on his latest ENB video on Youtube. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qyZIc86SPdk

Edit: The comment is no longer at the top of the comment section but you can still find it if you look through them.

Edited by Kalell