Anchorage Armors and Gauss minigun Compilation

Compilation of modified mods and some other tweaks

OgreSamanosuke

OgreSamanosuke

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
A point, changing the 'ammo' of the Gauss Rifle isn't exactly smart. I understand the want for flair, but the reason it uses power cells is because it needs tremendous power, the actual ammo is basically anything.

The Gauss Rifle is another name for what most people know as a Railgun. Using a series of magnetic pulses it fires small metal slugs and super sonic speeds. Thus why ingame you see the animation constantly switching out the power source for each shot and has no recoil. (Assume the slugs are being provided by the gun. The dmg is by the sheer velocity, not payload)

Daimio

Daimio

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
In this point to use Gauss Gun (Coilgun not as You said Railgun) we'll need both electromagnetic fielded slugs and power cells, beacuse their both are neccesary.

At the moment I have no idea how to mydify gun to use two types of ammo in different values, but if this is possible and someone know how to do it I'll be glad to hear it.

For now Gauss as energy weapon which takes horribly expensive EC ammo from nothing as You said "slugs are being provided by the gun" it's just 'funny'.

Railgun, it's a little different tech, and it' purely electric weapon.

For more info just check wikipedia.

DaiShiHUN

DaiShiHUN

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
Nice compilation.

As for Gauss weaponry, i think its better to use 2mm EC as ammo, for a very simple reason: ALL previous Fallouts used 2mm EC as ammo (well FO1 didnt have Gauss weaps, and i dont consider FO: BoS as a Fallout game (the PS/2 action RPG))

As for the ammo exchange my MEC Gauss Minigun mod has Casdin dialogue modified for 2mm EC reward as a 5th choice. If u cant copy that send me a PM and ill try to write u down how to do it.

Oh and Raiguns and Gauss guns are only different in the acceleration mechanism they both use some kind of projectile, and electromagnetic force to accelerate it.
Heres a quote from wikipedia: "A railgun is a purely electrical gun that accelerates a conductive projectile"

As for the energy usage: i agree that Gauss weapons need tremendous energy to work, but i find 1 MFCell/1 shot hilarious. Even Plasma Rifle is capable to shoot like 12 times with 1 MFC, and that 1 needs to generate plasma AND accelerate it w electromagnetic fields while keeping it concentrated and contained with other electomagnetic fields (ok plasma projectiles do move slower and probably has significantly less mass, but still)

Edited by DaiShiHUN, 11 February 2009 - 11:05 PM.

Daimio

Daimio

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Dialog have been repaired (I learn pretty fast hehe)

Also if You guys want any changes to this mod or You want me to add Your or someones mod to this compilation just say and I see what I can do.

Oh and about Gauss, the main difference is that in gauss projectile is in electromagnetic sphere - it has two roles in this weapon - 1. which prevents it from touching barrel so it don't loose it's kinetic energy 2. difference between two poles of electromagnetic fields, one which covers projectile and second ec field emited by gauss coils in proper frequencies accelerates projectile to enormous speeds
Railgun doesn't needs EC bullets.

About ammo usage - I was thinking about tweaking some energy weapons (atleast plasma rifle) to use much more MFCells, something like 3-4 MFcells for shot from plasma rifle, and 2 MFcells for laser but there are already mods which do this (with laser rifle not plasma).
As I said before if I knew how to make gun to use 2-3 different types of ammo with different values I'd changed most of energy and some other guns (f.e. Gauss) in first place. After all ammo don't weight anything.

Edited by Daimio, 12 February 2009 - 04:08 PM.

dreadxpider

dreadxpider

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
i have a problem with not being able to use the gauss rifle after installing this mod, it changes its ammo to the 2mm EC and shows that i have no ammo for it, the 2mm EC attaches to the minigun and disables the rifle

Daimio

Daimio

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Gauss rifle and minigun use different types of ammo. Rifle uses 2mm EC which You can get only from Casdin, minigun uses 2mm MEC which You can find in respawning footlockers or sometimes on dead bodies. I order to use both weapons You need to have both types of 2mm ammo.

Divinehero

Divinehero

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts
pretty nice.... but good god is the minigun loud

Edited by Divinehero, 06 September 2009 - 09:17 PM.

waileukwu

waileukwu

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
well, gauss rifle...ask Weijiesen for his Gauss dx...for it is one of hte most awesome retex and such about this rifle. the rings can lit up and VATS kill is so much better. Anyways, good job on this.

sirburton

sirburton

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
man i have a problem: i find the wep where you said but....it's strange! it's completely white shining or it changes to whole yellow or whole red, i nother words it doesnt have the right color and design that has in your video

Page loaded in: 1.371 seconds