Stuck in loading screen EVERY SINGLE TIME!

Shredy777

Hey guys...

Game is running Ok stability-wise, but every time the game goes to the loading screen to load a new area, it will get stuck at the loading screen.

I have no idea on why or how. Do you guys know how this game gets stuck in the loading screen?

Thanks in advance!

Uninstall your texture packs (Skyrim HD, or similar) and try again... issue gone = you have too much demand on your system... get lighter textures or reduce system demand in your ini settings... You could be breaking the 3.2GB limit Skyrim can use while the new zone is loading, causing it to crash - but it will keep looping the loading screen. In Windows you can see the task is Not Responding.

You can verify your usage using Skyrim Performance Monitor... it will display some, but not everything you need to know.

Na, nothing weird... your just out of memory... system RAM, application limit... too bad it's not a 64bit application... but then still, you might need 16GB RAM to be able to pull it off.

Skyrim eats my whole memory away... I done some more testing and it's able to eat away ~6GB of RAM on loading a game. Memory handling is not so great. Instead of moving everything directly into VRAM it seems to be loading everything into RAM first. I have 8GB total, when I have 5GB left, I cant open some of my saves. When I clear my mem using something like MemCleaner I can suddenly open my saves.

I have been monitoring my available memory instead of relying on TESV.exe's memory usage, and Skyrim is using up a lot more in the background then it lets you know. Pretty sure it's DX9 doing it.

Yes but it's not your total memory that is the issue, it's that Skyrim is a 32 bit application, and can't use all that memory anyway. Like prod80 said, it's just really too bad Skyrim isn't a 64 bit application, but it isn't, and never will be. Skyrim will ALMOST always crash when it gets up to the 3.2 GB mark.

Are we talking VRAM or RAM here? Because if it's VRAM, there is no other solution then removing textures. On the other hand, if we're talking regular working memory, then I may just save my awesome looking game :P by removing some gameplay overhauls and extra quests.

Edited by Shredy777