Heavy Traffic ×

[WIP] MediEvil in Skyrim

KorinOo

Hello there!

I'm proud to present the first trailer for this mod!

Music was composed by my friend Adam Oakman (aka Adam Dąbrowski):

Narration by Cole Johnson (ColeCosby on nexusmods.com)
Hope you like it!
Edited by KorinOo

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just found out about this (I don't use this, or many forums to be honest, saw it because VG247 posted it on twitter, so you're getting some publicity.)

I just wanted to say, I'll be keeping an eye on this for sure. I've been playing MediEvil since I was 2 and a half years old (I was awful and I played it with my parents a lot, I'm 19 now) and this is the game that set the way for my love of games to be honest, I still have this and the 2nd game for PS1. I honestly hope you manage to finish this mod. Sadly I can not help (I couldn't even make a retexture if I wanted to) however I'd willing to donate some money (well very little at the moment since I'm saving for a holiday to Australia for reasons.) I only work an apprenticeship at the moment and earn less than minimum wage, I'll be earning min in a couple months which will be nice but, if there is any way of helping this project even on a PR side I would love to help purely as a fan. Thank you for starting this.

Also, I understand that you said you're going to make it "close" to the original which I understand, it must an extremely difficult task. I was wondering though, what things will be kept? Will you be using the music from the original or asking people to create an original score, or will you being that yourself too? Plus, the puzzles, will you be completely redoing puzzles so they work better with the Skyrim engine? Sorry but, I don't really understand much anything about the workings of it all and I'm just really curious.

@M04B VG247 posted it on twitter?

*quick google research*

Holy sh**, they did! :D

The whole donation thing is not an option. One, I started this project because I always wanted to create games and creating a Skyrim mod was a good thing to start from. It was actually a coincidence that this mod have anything to do with MediEvil. Two, I'm a ME fan and I miss SIr Daniel adventures as any other ME fan. This is for you guys. I hope this project pushes Sony to actually doing something in this matter. Three, ME is property of Sony, and TES:Skyrim is Zeniamx/Bethesda franchise. I respect those two companies and I can't take money for something I don't have rights to.

About the differences between original and this mod... It's hard to explain. For example, I'm trying to preserve original shape of the levels and keep many memorable things from the original, but at the same time I'm adding/changing many small things. And when you add all those small things, they actually change quite a lot. From notable things, souls/chalice collecting will be reworked, there will be more friendly NPC's, some collectibles to find, and things like that. I would love to use original music, but I'm afraid Sony might not like this idea.

Well, I understand. I hope things don't get too stressful at any point for you then, and you take it at your own pace. As for ME ever coming back, I can't see it sadly. I played the remake of the first on PSP and honestly, it felt completely different to the point of being a completely separate game, (obviously this will be a different case since it is a different game so it's to be expected.) I am interested in seeing future updates for this though and I do wish you the best of luck.

Yes, there are going to be skills and perks. If someone don't like them, then he can simply not level up and stay lvl 1 through the whole game. I personally like the idea of leveling up. It actually makes you feel that you are becoming hero. It visualize that Daniel, from good for nothing, becomes the capable warrior.

But if player will really want it, I will create a "hack and slash" patch that disables skills/perks, gives infinite stamina, etc.