Grass Shadow Striping (PLEASE HELP!)

ChaoticHazard

I really need help in fixing this issue. Besides this, my Skyrim is beautiful, but this is incredibly frustrating! These stripes appear on most of the grass in Skyrim, day and night. I've scoured the internet but have found nothing fixing exterior shadow striping, only interior. I'm using Climates of Tamriel along with Project ENB for CoT. And this problem happens to about 50% of the ENBs that I try and most of the ones that don't take a huge chunk out of my FPS (aka the ones that I like). If anyone has any useful information or advice, it would be greatly appreciated. I don't even feel like playing when its like this.

Edited by ChaoticHazard

• 1 month later...

ENB causes this, ofc. It's not a shadow striping bug with Skyrim.

It seems to be caused mostly by older ENBs. I'm not sure which shader specifically causes it to show up.

I get this when using Real Vision and Unreal Cinema ENBa. Both of them use SweetFX if I'm not mistaken. When I use my friend's ENB preset that uses ENB shaders only I do not get this problem.

SweetFX may be possible culprit here. Alas, many other people use those two ENBs and they don't have any problems. I wonder what makes it show only for me and the OP...

I just found a possible fix on RealVision ENB mod page:

vertical lines or "interlace" effect, noisy textures
set FilterQuality=1 in Skylighting-section of enbseries.ini

I'm unable to test it at the moment as I'm still at work though.

• 2 weeks later...

Set these in your SkyrimPrefs.ini file, under [DISPLAY]:

bTreesReceiveShadows=1
bDrawLandShadows=1

bShadowsOnGrass=1

I get this when using Real Vision and Unreal Cinema ENBa. Both of them use SweetFX if I'm not mistaken. When I use my friend's ENB preset that uses ENB shaders only I do not get this problem.

SweetFX may be possible culprit here. Alas, many other people use those two ENBs and they don't have any problems. I wonder what makes it show only for me and the OP...

Unreal Cinema doesn't use SweetFX.