11 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921,442 posts
Thalmor only use Elven Weapons and Armor

Thalmor will now only use Elven weapons and armor.

jackowonderful

jackowonderful

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
Even more odd when you can run around with a elven sword you easily stole from whiterun.

Force70

Force70

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 297 posts
In response to post #8358287.

LOL. Yeah. They should have put that in a lock that needs a key or something.

ShadowSora94

ShadowSora94

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Really like the look of this! I was ready to give a sigh of dissapointment, but thankfully was able to stop when I saw you included Glass Armor too. Nice to give us choice. Really like how this looks, will endorse c:

Force70

Force70

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 297 posts
In response to post #8358674.

Thanks. I knew that some people would still want the Glass Armor and weapons so that is why I made the other versions that include them. Just know that the Glass Armor and weapons still have their original level requirements.

ripple

ripple

Promiscuous Poster

• Premium Member
  • 4,089 posts
If you want to change the bows used by the Thalmor archers using the bandit missile weapons leveled lists, you can just edit those NPCs' inventory to replace the bandit missile weapons leveled list entry with either one bow type (e.g. elven bow) or a custom leveled lists (e.g. sp they will spawn either elven or glass bow, and any bow you feel appropriate, depending on the level of the NPC).

Force70

Force70

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 297 posts
In response to post #8359552.

Thanks. But I think I already tried that. When I opened up the Thalmor archers using the bandit missile weapons leveled lists. Their inventory screen was grayed out and I was unable to select anything. But I'll have another look at it. Maybe I missed something. Were you able to change them?

ripple

ripple

Promiscuous Poster

• Premium Member
  • 4,089 posts

Thanks. But I think I already tried that. When I opened up the Thalmor archers using the bandit missile weapons leveled lists. Their inventory screen was grayed out and I was unable to select anything. But I'll have another look at it. Maybe I missed something. Were you able to change them?

They draw from templates, so you could do one of two things 1) edit the template 2) remove their dependency on the template. The first method is less ideal because they probably share the same template as other NPCs like Imperial Legion soldiers or Sons of Skyrim. If you remove their dependency on templates, you would need to adjust their stats individually to match that of the template. If you click 'edit' for ActorBase, it will show you the template or the leveled list of NPCs and NPC templates that they use, then you can check the stats of the NPC templates. Alternatively, you can set up your own custom template for them, then recycle it for all the Thalmor archer NPCs.

Edited by ripple, 30 June 2013 - 04:26 AM.

Force70

Force70

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 297 posts
In response to post #8359870.

Thanks. I'll have to look into that. I know that the level list that they are using is being used by a number of other NPC's, which is why I didn't mess with it.

Edit: I think I figured it out. So If everything goes as planed I should have an update soon.

Edited by Force70, 30 June 2013 - 05:17 AM.

Crixler

Crixler

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I have no Skyrim modding experience, so I don't know if this is a feasible idea or not, but since it sounds like this mod essentially has the side-effect of buffing Thalmor while you're a low level, I think it could be neat to implement a lower level version of Elven armor that could basically the stats of steel.
Or maybe that's not a great plan? I really don't know, to be honest, I actually don't even have the game yet (eagerly awaiting the Steam Summer Sale...)
Whatever the case, this mod sounds cool, and there's a pretty good chance I'll be using it when I finally get the game!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 0.992 seconds