"Climates of Tamriel - Sounds", or "Sounds of Skyrim"?

erikolaix

Hello,

I'm planning which Skyrim mods to use while waiting for my new computer to arrive, and could use some advice.

I've decided to use the mods included in "Climates of Tamriel - Weather, Lighting, Audio", with one possible exception. My conundrum is that I don't know whether to use the sound mod included in it, or to drop it in favor of "Sounds of Skyrim Complete Edition". Is the latter one more extensive and high quality compared to the former one? Do you have any experiences with these two sound mods?

I'd definitely like to hear the sound of waves washing against the shores, and the sound of winds howling outside cave exits, etc.

Thanks for your time.

Edited by eriknm

What I use is CoT along with Sounds of Skyrim with the comparability patches and it seems to work great. In my opinion, it's the best experience. Just make sure you set the load order correctly.

Thanks for the feedback. There's a set of compatibility patches specifically for people using both Climates of Tamriel and Sounds of Skyrim? If so, I'd appreciate pointers on where to find them.

EDIT: Found them. Thanks again, I appreciate the tip!

Edited by eriknm

I use Sound Propagation Overhaul; Sounds of Skyrim the Wilds, Dungeons, Civilization; Footseps Sound Overhaul; and Climates of Tamriel together. With merged patches I got down to four esp's total, including those and one other weather mod :D

• 1 year later...

i used both and have no problems but when i installed the patch, my sky turned more light red tinted and the lighting went a bit off because of this. i don't know if this is just me but i dont use the patches and they work fine. i use LOOT and BOSS and it says to get the compatibility patches but i dont.

• 1 year later...

i used both and have no problems but when i installed the patch, my sky turned more light red tinted and the lighting went a bit off because of this. i don't know if this is just me but i dont use the patches and they work fine. i use LOOT and BOSS and it says to get the compatibility patches but i dont.

I don't like reviving old threads, but this one just made me laugh.