Need a Guide on how to install an ENB... if anyones willing.

ShadowWolf81

Ok... i keep seeing these great screenshots, and videos... all useing ENB's of some sort.

Now.. i'd simply snag one and install it if i could, but i know i need the actual 'ENB' thing that is found outside of Skyrim Correct?

If so.... if anyone is willing (and has experience walking people threw it....) think you can give me a general 'step-by-step' on how to install the 'base' ENB thing i need, + a ENB i picked up called: The Wilds ENB 3_0 All-In-One-21123-3-0 ?

I had to go outside of nexus to pick up the Wilds one.. as its no longer shown on Nexus (so couldn't just tell the mod manager to install it for me XD... but i may still be able to?) I also picked up a file called: enbseries_skyrim_v121212

From the same site i got the Wilds ENB from, as it is apparently needed (thats the version of ENB im guessing?) for The Wilds to work properly.

So... anyone willing to give me a hand... if you understood just what i was asking for?

Thanks for any responses.

Installing an ENB is not very difficult at all, basically it involves dragging the contents of the ENB archive to the main Skyrim folder (the one where TESV.exe is located) and the d3d9.dll from the enbseries archive that you downloaded from the dev's site + any .ini modifications if they are required and specified by the ENB author.

In your case, for the Wilds ENB you'll see 2 main folders for darker and lighter interiors. Choose one of your liking and in each of them there will be different variants. Choose whichever you want and open that folder and you should see something like this: http://i39.tinypic.com/300v9n5.png

Drag those files to your main Skyrim folder, when you're done go into the enbseries archive ( enbseries_skyrim_v121212 in your case) and then WrapperVersion and copy from that folder the d3d9.dll to the same Skyrim folder and you're done.

Hopefully I was clear, but I'm willing to help if you have any other questions.

Also Gopher made a tutorial on a different ENB on how to install it etc. Might be of help (pretty sure it will) :

Edited by eSoDian

Installing an ENB is not very difficult at all, basically it involves dragging the contents of the ENB archive to the main Skyrim folder (the one where TESV.exe is located) and the d3d9.dll from the enbseries archive that you downloaded from the dev's site + any .ini modifications if they are required and specified by the ENB author.

In your case, for the Wilds ENB you'll see 2 main folders for darker and lighter interiors. Choose one of your liking and in each of them there will be different variants. Choose whichever you want and open that folder and you should see something like this: http://i39.tinypic.com/300v9n5.png

Drag those files to your main Skyrim folder, when you're done go into the enbseries archive ( enbseries_skyrim_v121212 in your case) and then WrapperVersion and copy from that folder the d3d9.dll to the same Skyrim folder and you're done.

Hopefully I was clear, but I'm willing to help if you have any other questions.

Also Gopher made a tutorial on a different ENB on how to install it etc. Might be of help (pretty sure it will) :

Hmm did what you said. And now im crashing to desktop as soon as the title page 'menu' tries to load. Any ideas?

That's weird, I've just installed it now after seeing your reply and it worked just fine with no problems =/ Some ENBs might be too demanding on your system resulting the crash, but not sure if it would do it when you try to load the game.

LE: After reading through the Wilds ENB readme, seems that the v121212 enb is causing the crashes.

"If you're experiencing crashes: when downloading the 12.12.12 binary file, select the Injector version instead of the Wrapper one. ONLY if you experience crashes at the beginning of the game (aka main menu)."

With that said, you need to copy the contents of the "InjectorVersion" from the v121212 enb archive, to your Skyrim folder, than overwrite them with the contents of the Wilds ENB variant you wish to install (the picture I posted above). Then you need to start the "ENBInjector.exe" file which you copied into your Skyrim folder, after that the game. Theoretically it should work like this if it crashed with the other, if you're still crashing either choose a different enb version (maybe v0.132 or later) or choose a different ENB configuaration, should be many on nexus.

And to answer your question from your first post, don't install ENBs with NMM, cause it installs the files in the Data folder, but files need to be outside of it, unless there are specific files that actually need to be put in the Data one.

Edited by eSoDian

That's weird, I've just installed it now after seeing your reply and it worked just fine with no problems =/ Some ENBs might be too demanding on your system resulting the crash, but not sure if it would do it when you try to load the game.

LE: After reading through the Wilds ENB readme, seems that the v121212 enb is causing the crashes.

"If you're experiencing crashes: when downloading the 12.12.12 binary file, select the Injector version instead of the Wrapper one. ONLY if you experience crashes at the beginning of the game (aka main menu)."

With that said, you need to copy the contents of the "InjectorVersion" from the v121212 enb archive, to your Skyrim folder, than overwrite them with the contents of the Wilds ENB variant you wish to install (the picture I posted above). Then you need to start the "ENBInjector.exe" file which you copied into your Skyrim folder, after that the game. Theoretically it should work like this if it crashed with the other, if you're still crashing either choose a different enb version (maybe v0.132 or later) or choose a different ENB configuaration, should be many on nexus.

And to answer your question from your first post, don't install ENBs with NMM, cause it installs the files in the Data folder, but files need to be outside of it, unless there are specific files that actually need to be put in the Data one.

Yup, was about to edit my post and say i fixed it myself...... but... got lost in eye-candy and slaughtering bandits.. :happy: . Was the injector that did the trick. Now its running with no problems!

Though i DID have to edit the injector file following instructions on another post. Had to tell it to point towards the SKSE_loader as well as Skyrim.

Thanks for the help =)

Edited by ShadowWolf81