Skyrim V SKSE not working?

adriane13

It sounds like the problem I had--You're launching Skyrim via the "Launch" button with the dragon icon on NMM, right? Click the arrow on the side of that button and click SKSE. You have to launch via SKSE on that list otherwise SkyUI won't run at full.

http://i44.tinypic.com/fm191t.jpg

See i dowlloaded it exatcly as the guy in the video said but i dont have that

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I normally just sift through forums to find an answer to the problems I experience, but I feel like I have a deep rooted issue with my laptop.

Toshiba C855-S5133
Proc: Intel i3-2348M @2.30GHz
Mem: 8.00 GB
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000
It's no gaming monster, but is perfectly capable of running Skyrim.

It started with just wanting to get Skyrim to run correctly on vanilla. It would start with playing in a small 800x600 windowed screen. Changes made in the launcher's options made no difference (still doesn't) but I managed to figure my way around that with making the correct changes in my SkyrimPrefs.ini file:

[Display]

bFull Screen=1
iSize H=720
iSize W=1280
Unfortunately I can't get it to run at a higher resolution - but it runs vanilla just fine.
I also bought Hearthfire... that's when it got interesting. Data Files was greyed out and Skyrim was not loading my new DLC.
So after some research I discovered Nexusmods. Love it, but it has only made my mod interests grow =P. So I downloaded NMM and SKSE to hopefully bypass the game launcher and get any DLC and mods to load.
I can't get either of them to run either. *scratches head*
More research and frustration... a reinstall of Skyrim (my d/l speeds are horrible and took me almost 3 days), SKSE and NMM (which had no effect) and I am still unable to play beyond vanilla.

When I run NMM it just thinks about it for a second spinning it's little blue circle and ends. No windows or anything.
When I run SKSE I get an error message:

Assertion failed in .\IDebugLog.cpp <59>: SUCCEEDED<SHGetFolderPath<NULL, folderID, NULL, SHGFP_TYPE_CURRENT, path>>
Now I am no expert, but I am not an idiot either. All programs are being run as Administrator. From what I can tell, I feel like somewhere in this laptop is something missing or wrong that isn't communicating where either Skyrim is located or some other misdirection.
Help?

• 1 month later...

I also have a problem but this one is it says "TheUltimateGamer in Game The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" but it doesn't open SKSE at all or Skyrim Through steam or nothing it says that for like 30 seconds then it just says "TheUltimateGamer is Online"

Any ideas?? I have Legendary and its kinda like it doesn't open at all :(

• 3 weeks later...

I'm aware my reply is really late but I know for a fact people will still have a problem since I recently had trouble for days.

Make sure your skyrim.esm is in 'C:\ProgramFiles\Steam\Steamapps\common\Skyrim\skse(latestversion)' along with the skse launcher.

Delete second skyrim.esm from C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Skyrim if present and make sure to save the updated file.

I tried so many things and looked for help online but nothing worked. I could run the game but not with skse and any attemps to fix it caused a complete crash. Eventually I noticed there was no skyrim.esm in the skse.exe, and now it's running again with mods!

Edited by HDPastas

Yeah - I am having the same problem. I downloaded Skyrim this week, so I can inly assume it is the latest version, and so is supported by SKSE.

I played the first quest (IE getting away from the dragon), just to see it was running properly (it was), and then decided to start modding. I wish I had added one mod at a time, and then loaded the game to see if it works, like I used to with "The Sims 2", back in the day - but I didn't. I came to play again and got the Bethesda logo, then the dragon logo for about a quarter of a second, before the game shuts down and disappears from my desktop.

I want to start again, Removing the mods. I installed them all through NMM, so that's not an issue. SKSE installs independently though, so I need to know if I can remove SKSE easily, or do I need to uninstall Skyrim completely?

That would leave me with another problem - I bought the game on DVD originally, but when I cam to install it realised that my teenage son had already loaded it and registered it on his laptop, the cheeky devil!, so I bought another and downloaded it direct from Steam.

So - my questions to you guys who seem to know as much as one can know about all things Skyrim are:

1) How do I remove SKSE?

2) If I need to reinstall Skyrim, where do I look for the downloaded files to reinstall (or can I somehow use my original DVD)?

thanks

[EDIT] problem solved - on a hunch, I went back to the SKSE site and looked around - further down there is a Beta of the newest SKSE - I Ran the installer and it works!

Now putting my mods back in (one at a time!)

[EDIT 2] OK - I have found two or three mods causing the game to dump on loading up as before: "XP32 skeleton" (v 2.20 - 1.93 seems to work), "A little Sexy Apparel Replacer", "Supermodel Skyrim" ...the game wont load past the dragon logo, after adding them - maybe because I am selecting something in the options which is incorrect for my setup. On removing the mods, the game loads again...

Edited by perpetuavelouria

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this helps, but try going to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim > right click on TESV.exe > select "Properties" > select the "Compatibility" tab > under the Settings section and check the box next to "Run this program as administrator" > click OK.

Worked for me.