Automation Tools for TES5Edit - Suggestions Thread

matortheeternal

Automation Tools was released January 14, 2014.

However, I will still be creating new scripts to add to the package in the future. Your ideas are still welcome here!

New ideas:
-NPC distributor: Either a part of the NPC generator or a separate script to be used in conjunction with it. This script would place NPCs throughout the Skyrim world, or at locations the user specifies, with packages to allow them to seamlessly integrate themselves into the user's game. E.g. select 10 NPCs, apply script, choose "hireling" from dropdown menu, choose random location, click OK... selected NPCs placed at random locations throughout the Skyrim world with hireling scripting, dialog, and behavioral packages.
-Item distributor: Distributes selected ARMO and WEAP records throughout leveled lists/leveled loot. Also allows for placement in specific locations/containers if desired. Also allows for the user to automatically create enchanted versions of them and add those enchanted versions to leveled lists as well.
-Recipe Generator: This script would generate COBJ recipes for selected ARMO records. Would have manual ingredient/condition selection similar to that which is seen in the Armor Mod Builder script.
-NPC Tint Layers modifier: A user interface with cool stuff for NPC tint layer modification in TES5Edit.
-Visual perk tree modification: Does what it sounds like.
-Virtual Broom: Clean clutter (references to specific types of records) in an interior cell/area.
-CCOR Script: Applies Complete Crafting Overhaul global variables to COBJ recipes in a mod.
-Break it Down: Creates breakdown recipes (at the Smelter or Tanning Rack).
-The Re-Evaluator: Re-evaluates the value of items upon the basis of the value of the ingredients used to create them (for COBJ records at a forge or tanning rack).
-NPC Transmogrifier: This script would allow the user to randomly generate a new face for selected NPCs. The script would give the user options for what aspects of the NPCs they want to re-generate. This script would probably use a lot of the same code as the NPC generator.

-Rebalancer: Rebalances weapons and armors based on certain functions the user can adjust to their liking. This can be used to balance mod added content to be more like the vanilla game, or to rebalance all weapons and armors in the entire game.

-Warpaint Mod Builder: Make a script to build standalone warpaint mods as racemenu plugins from existing assets.

Green = Working on it now.
Gold = Will work on it later.
Red = Not very interested in working on it.
Blue = Done.

Old post from July 17, 2013:

Hello everyone,

I'm currently starting work on a package of scripts for use with TES5Edit to drastically reduce the amount of time modders have to spend doing CK-esque editing of records. If you don't know who I am, I'm the guy who made that merge plugins script that hit the hot files a little over a week ago.

This thread is here for you to suggest tools which you would find really useful while editing mods. Basically anything that involves doing something repeatedly/making numerous boring edits to records could be automated. Below are some of my own ideas which I will be pursuing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Replacer to Standalone Armor Mod
This script would take a replacer armor mod and transform it into a standalone armor mod by copying all included ARMO and WEAP records as new records within the file, deleting them, creating some quick COBJ recipes for them at the forge via template COBJ records previously associated with the items, and then cleaning the resulting file of unnecessary override records.

Armor Mod Builder
This script would allow a user to specify a models directory, and then guide them through a few windows for them to enter a few values, then create a fully functional standalone armor mod based on the available models and values entered. This could be extended to retextures and weapons. The created mod would be the same format every time (only COBJ, ARMO, and ARMA records), so any further implementation would have to be done by hand. (e.g. leveled lists)

QuickChange
A series of scripts which would allow the user to batch change elements on selected records by applying a script. E.g. select 1000 NPC records, apply script, all of them have their faction changed to Bandit faction. OR select 1000 COBJ records, apply script, all of them have a new condition which makes them only accessible if the player has a perk, etc. I've been using scripts like this already, and they really do help.

QuickDisplay
A script which will allow you to print the value of a given element on any number of records to the message log. E.g. select 1000 misc items, apply script, message log prints the "gold value" of each one.

QuickFix
Used for fixing broken references. E.g. before the merging script, when I was copying records into my file, references would "break", as they'd be referring out-of-file instead of in-file. This script would fix that by looking for records in file which match the editor ID (plus or minus a prefix or suffix) of the record currently being referenced, and then fixing the reference. Likely to be scrapped as it doesn't seem that necessary to me given the merging script.

Multiple-file Form Renumbering
Basically what the merging script does when you're merging files, without the merge part. Probably going to be released in the next version of the merging script before these automation scripts are released.

FormID replacement
This script will go through all records and replace all the FormIDs found matching a given formID with a different FormID. Excellent for modifying FormID lists and lots of other things. E.g. I want to replace all instances of Leather armor pieces spawning with Thieves Guild armor pieces. I run the script on a set of LVLI records a few times and it's done.

Element removal
Will remove elements of a given type matching a given value from all selected records. E.g. I want to remove all instances of the keyword "Armor Heavy" on the selected records. I run the script and it's done.

Element replacement
Will replace elements with a given value with another given value. E.g. I want to switch all two handed weapons from BothHands to EitherHand. I run the script and its done.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me know what else you guys would like to see so I can add it to my list, or post your support of this project below. :smile:

-Mator

Edited by matortheeternal

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a suggestion for making a script that would make it so house mods are all "purchasable" like how vanilla houses are. The script would copy all the records associated with house purchasing from an already existing sequence in Skyrim.esm and would allow the player to assign each home a value.

Something that I'd love you even more for, is a script that will cycle through the placed objects in a mod (under Worldspace and Cell) and replace specific objects with another. Por ejemplo, changing the references for the wooden cart to references for a barrel.

Would save SO much time and pain.

unit userscript;

function Process(e: IInterface): integer;
begin
if Signature(e) = 'REFR' then
if GetElementEditValues(e, 'NAME') = 'CartPassengerSTATIC [STAT:000C7D3E]' then
SetElementEditValues(e, 'NAME', 'Barrel02Static [STAT:0010C0E3]');
end;

end.

unit userscript;

function Process(e: IInterface): integer;
begin
  if Signature(e) = 'REFR' then
    if GetElementEditValues(e, 'NAME') = 'CartPassengerSTATIC [STAT:000C7D3E]' then
      SetElementEditValues(e, 'NAME', 'Barrel02Static [STAT:0010C0E3]');
end;

end.

I want your babies.

Something that I'd love you even more for, is a script that will cycle through the placed objects in a mod (under Worldspace and Cell) and replace specific objects with another. Por ejemplo, changing the references for the wooden cart to references for a barrel.

that was

FormID replacement

but zilav just did it, albeit without user control over things without editing code, which will be my goal.

Edited by matortheeternal

that was

FormID replacement

but zilav just did it.

Oh snap. Didn't see that.

I still want zilav's babies.

that was

FormID replacement

but zilav just did it.

Oh snap. Didn't see that.

I still want zilav's babies.

that's understandable. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have quite a lot of things I want to make for TES5Edit unfortunately I rarely have time to spend implementing them. And I'm still learning so I'll share my ideas:

1) - A script that fixes all the selected ARMO records according to the keywords assigned to them, for instance:

Suppose a mod armor defines that it has 100 armor and the ARMO record defines this:
- ArmorLight [KYWD:0006BBD3]
- ArmorMaterialGlass [KYWD:0006BBDC]
- ArmorHelmet [KYWD:0006C0EE]
The script should fix the armor value to something more reasonable.

This one I will probably finish, unless someone wants to do it or has already done it.

2) - A script that creates leveled list records from the armor items selected. This is to help distributing custom armors that otherwise will never see the Skyrim world.

I'm not sure how to implement this script but I have a few ideas from what I've seen in the Omega99 armor distribution package.

3) - A script that will change the selected NPC appearance using custom hair, eye, etc mods.

I've already done this script, but is quite unpolished and needs manual work because you need to define the hair, eye selection chances for each race and class (bandit, vampire, magic) in a ,csv file and that depends in you currently installed mods so you have to do it yourselves.

Also once the script is done its job you have to go to the CK and rebuild the nifs and keep the tintmasks in a separate folder so its not something for the faint hearted.

4) - A script that exports and imports back from excel (as .csv) weapons and armors. This is useful because you can sort the stuff in excel, fix them fast and import the fixes back to TES5Edit. I have something working but needs polishing and more features.

5) - A scripting toolkit: A set of useful pascal functions to speed up boring and repetitive tasks when scripting for TES5Edit. Note that these scripts can be stored in a separate .pas and called using:
uses 'ScriptingTools'; // ScriptingTools.pas must be in the same path as the script.

6) - A script that appends to the start of the EDID a prefix to find the records fast in the CK, then the same script can be run back to remove the EDID prefix. This one is already done and could be part of the toolkit.

---------------

Finally, I've updated the WIKI with information of TES5Edit scripting. I hope it helps and also please contribute by adding the things you know and better examples.
http://www.creationkit.com/TES5Edit_Scripting_Functions

Hey turulo, thanks for the post.

I'm thinking of making this project a collaborative one so multiple people can contribute scripts. I already have you and two other people with scripts to contribute, so I think this is a cool idea.

I'm happy to make any scripts which you don't have time/interest in making yourself, but it seems like you're pretty much on top of most of your ideas! :D

That idea for a "toolkit" is interesting. I'm guessing it'd just be a bunch of handy functions a user can call when scripting? We'll have to think a bit about what functions we'll want to put in that, but I'm sure it'll be really useful once we've ironed out how it's going to work. :smile:

-Mator