Edited by Treplos

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An update on this project:

Full Name Manipulation Script (FNMS) -- Completed, tested by Treplos

Could use a little more testing (feel free to volunteer), but otherwise it's pretty much done. The script will allow the user to alter the full names of all selected items via several handy functions, thus allowing them the capacity to make their own "renamed items" mod however they want.

Replace FormID -- A few errors, otherwise done

The script currently replaces all references in a file, and cannot function on smaller groups (I think I know how to fix this, and will get to it soon). It also cannot support replacement by EditorID, only FormID. (and this probably won't change until TES5Edit 3.0.31 is released)

NPC Generator (NPCG) -- Under development

This script is going to be quite huge. Essentially, I'm making a highly customizable script which will allow for the generation of Random NPCs using all available assets (including those from your hair/eye/etc. mods). This is quite a monster to code, and will probably end up involving over a hundred variables.

Edited by matortheeternal

I would sure fancy a batch cleaner. I recently cleaned all of my active mods, then a bad tragedy happened to my game folder('s hard disk), so I will not only have to re-install every single mod, but go through the rather boring task of cleaning all the mods in question again. Does something like this exist already?

An update on this project:

Full Name Manipulation Script (FNMS) -- Completed, tested by Treplos

Could use a little more testing (feel free to volunteer), but otherwise it's pretty much done. The script will allow the user to alter the full names of all selected items via several handy functions, thus allowing them the capacity to make their own "renamed items" mod however they want.

Matortheeternal's script helped me finish my mod and saved me days, even weeks, of tedious, manual work.

My finished mod is Rez Sorting Mod and you can find it HERE, with many, many thanks to Matortheeternal's :laugh:

PS: Although I finished my mod using v1 of the FNMS script, I did also test the latest v2 (with extra trim feature) and it works too!!

What do you do when you clean the mods? I mean, is it something I can automate without writing 10,000+ lines of code?

If I am not mistaken, I think he is referring the process of cleaning IMRs and UDRs:
- Load the mod that need cleaning in TES5Edit.
- Right click the mod.
- Apply Filter for cleaning ... (wait).
- Remove "Identical to Master" records ... (wait).
- Undelete and Disable References ... (wait).
- Save changes and Exit.

I would sure fancy a batch cleaner. I recently cleaned all of my active mods, then a bad tragedy happened to my game folder('s hard disk), so I will not only have to re-install every single mod, but go through the rather boring task of cleaning all the mods in question again. Does something like this exist already?

Have you tried this?

Load all the mods you want to clean, "Shift Click" all the list you want to clean (or Ctrl Click them mod by mod), and do the above process. I think it should clean the whole batch.

Edited by Treplos

^Treplos is correct in that it would probably clean the whole batch.

I could write a script for it, but I don't think it'd save you much time. I also don't know how UDR actually works.

Thank you. I was just unsure, because most guides state, that you should exactly select the mods, the dependencies and the implicit dependencies you want to clean. I do not entirely understand the cleaning process, but this is what I do:

1. Select the mod in question, as well as the implicit dependencies manually. I let TES5EDIT select the master files automatically.

2. I apply the Filter "identical to master" (like the guide states)

3. I apply the Filter for cleaning (right click on the respective mods, mark them all if necessary)

4. Remove Identical to Master Records

5. Save and quit

But, from both of your replies, I reckon I should first learn more about the cleaning process. I have just discovered the other guide, now I think I need to do more than just removing identical records. I think I will return with my request, once I can state more precicely, what I'd like to have.

Hey mator,

I'd love to get my hands on your "QuickChange" script.

I'd like to be able to do something like select a bunch of NPCs and apply the same weight/hair/faction/etc. to them, seeing as doing it manually is taking foreveeeeer.

Any help would be great, thanks!

Element replacement

Will replace elements with a given value with another given value. E.g. I want to switch all two handed weapons from BothHands to EitherHand. I run the script and its done.

Will there be opportunity to select few items and enter new value, or damage/armor rating for them? If yes than I am really looking forward for this mod :smile:

My another suggestion would be to add function to multiply certain value. For example I select 30 armor pieces and multiply their value by 10. Well I'm asking this because I am currently working on the prices overhaul mod and so these tools would be very useful.

Edited by DanielUA