Automation Tools for TES5Edit - Suggestions Thread

matortheeternal

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could there be some way to mess with flags in QuickChange? Ideally, I'd like to be able to set a mask (say... a string with characters representing 1, 0, toggle, ignore, with all unspecified flags defaulting to ignore), and have the record's flags change according to the mask. I got limited-results-but-not-really using QuickChange's formula mode, but even setting the formula to 'x' changes some flags due to integers generally not having leading zeros.

If curious why I am asking, I was trying to set a bunch of spell costs to 0 for a special playthrough, which requires setting the 'Manual Cost Calc' flag in the spells. I wanted to do so without disturbing the other flags.

Thanks.

I'm not familiar with this language, but shouldn't this

begin

front := Copy(s, 1, n - 1);

back := Copy(s, n + 1, Length(s));

Result := front + c + back;

end;

be more like...

function SetChar(const s: string; n: integer; c: string): string;

var

front, back: string;

begin

if n > 1 then

front := Copy(s, 1, n - 1);

if n < Length(s) then

back := Copy(s, n + 1, Length(s));

Result := front + c + back;

end;

Nope! That code works completely as intended with all edge cases without having if statements. When n = 1, front is an empty string Copy(s, 1, 0) and back is characters #2 to the end of the string Copy(s, 2, Length(s));

Indexes 0 and indexes > length of the string work too! There is literally nothing wrong with that code! :)

I have selected some weapons from Immersive weapons, deleted the others and after that removed manually every single leveled list entry and all superfluous recipes...
is it hard to make a script that deletes all entries having 'Error: Could not be resolved' from the lists and all records that won't break the game without the entry (recipe without one of the CNTO-items, but not all), and the entire records for quests and recipes without a target (CNAM) for example... something like basic error fixing script...

the other thing is conflicting records... I got several times(maybe not merging right)... conflicting records with the same FormID... if the FormID of the new one is not relevant (like recipe), then you copy it as a new one and delete the old one...

Edited by ivanbqnov

I have selected some weapons from Immersive weapons, deleted the others and after that removed manually every single leveled list entry and all superfluous recipes...

is it hard to make a script that deletes all entries having 'Error: Could not be resolved' from the lists and all records that won't break the game without the entry (recipe without one of the CNTO-items, but not all), and the entire records for quests and recipes without a target (CNAM) for example... something like basic error fixing script...

the other thing is conflicting records... I got several times(maybe not merging right)... conflicting records with the same FormID... if the FormID of the new one is not relevant (like recipe), then you copy it as a new one and delete the old one...

Not hard, something I have thought of doing multiple times.

I know it's not hard for you, just a minor challenge, that consumes time and energy, just don't forget to live outside of the pc too.. :smile:)

Actually, lately I've been living outside the PC far more than normal, and because of that I haven't been getting anything done!!! Stuff keeps piling up too, good ideas here, good ideas there. And no time to do them! :(

Hey, thanks for making this tool:

I've been trying to change the "INAM - Inventory Art" for books added by the mod Book Covers Skyrim: Lost Library. I can't seem to get it to work properly for me with QuickChange

----------------------------------------------------------
QuickChange v2.5: For fast element modification.
Created lists.
Applying functions...
Procesing record: BCSLL_DA_Common_OelanderHammer_SKILL
!Couldn't find an element at path: INAM - Inventory Art on record: BCSLL_DA_Common_OelanderHammer_SKILL
Script is done!
[Apply Script done] Processed Records: 1, Elapsed Time: 00:08
Applying script...
Created lists.
Applying functions...
Remove
s1 = INAM - Inventory Art
s2 = 0
!Couldn't find an element at path: INAM - Inventory Art on record: BCSLL_DA_Common_OelanderHammer_SKILL
Script is done!
[Apply Script done] Processed Records: 1, Elapsed Time: 00:23
Applying script...
Created lists.
Applying functions...
!Couldn't find value at path: INAM - Inventory Art on BCSLL_DA_Common_OelanderHammer_SKILL
Script is done!