Having Problems Crafting Leather

naossoan

Hi all,

First off, the problem I'm having is for some reason I am unable to craft Leather at the tanning rack, despite having "Deer Hide" in my inventory.

Second of all, I have Frostfall, Hunterborn, Hunting in Skyrim and Bandolier mods installed.

From what I read in each of these mods they should all be compatible together.

When I go to the tanning rack the only options I have for creating Leather come from deconstructing my Imperial or Leather armor which of course I do not want to do.

I have 1 "Deer Hide" in my inventory which I received from an Elk that I killed just outside of Riverwood.

I have 1 "Deer Hide" in my inventory which I received from buying it from the guy at Riverwood Trader.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that these hides are showing separate stacks in my inventory. 1 and 1.

Neither of these hides are giving me the option to craft Leather at the Tanning Rack.

Anyone know what could be going on?

Thanks!!!

EDIT: OK So I uninstalled Hunterborn AND Hunting in Skyrim and I STILL can't craft any Leather from these deer hides at the tanning rack. What the hell is going on here!? Going to have to go through my other mods to see if anything else would be causing these problems...

Edited by naossoan

• 3 weeks later...

I am having this same issue. I simply have no option to produce leather or leather strips at the tanning rack. I think it is Frostfall, it is only mod I have in common with you. And the only other mods I am running that affect crafting are RND and Requiem.

At first I thought it was Requiem; the smithing tree has to be upgraded with perk points and skill books in conjunction, and as such iron, steel and lowest level armours are not even craftable until you get the first perk in the smithing tree, so I thought that leather was not craftable either until I got "Basic Craftsmanship" but even after acquiring the skill, leather and leather strips are not craftable.

I tried buying leather from the blacksmith (very expensive because of Requiem, that is the main reason this is an issue for me) and it doesn't give me the option to change that into strips either. I have tried this with every different type of pelt and none of them can be tanned into leather.

It didn't occur to me to try deconstructing armour into leather so I will try that next, maybe that can be a workaround, but so far, no pelts can be tanned and leather cannot be cut into strips after it is purchased.

I can turn the pelts into "clean pelts" and those can be cut into "hide laces" in accordance with the Frostfall crafting options and once I have bought enough leather and strips from vendors I can craft all the tents, cloaks etc. Personally I think it is some kind of overwrite with the Frostfall crafting options.

Anyone who could narrow down exactly what is causing this problem would have my gratitude!!

Thanks very much.

Alright, now this is ridiculous. I have unlocked 3 perks in the Requiem smithing tree and I cannot craft anything but Frostfall camping equipment.

No armour, nothing other than tents and cleaned pelts and such. Nothing.

There is no doubt in my mind that the crafting in these two mods are not compatible, a patch is absolutely necessary.

• 2 months later...

Hello Guys,

I have none of your mod installed, but I had similar problems with crafting.

First you have to narrow things down, this is quite simple.

Put deer hide in your inventory, stand in front of a tanning hide, SAVE.

Leave game.

Disable one mod.

Load game. -> Check if crafting is possible. If YES than this mod caused the problem.

If NO disable the next mod.

Load game, and so on.

Hope it helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I got my game running a while ago with no problems, but I saw some people where having the same issue with leather as me. My comment about a patch being needed is stupid, Frostfall crafting items are not mutually exclusive with anything else (will not overwrite anything) so I thought I would mention that.

After I spoke to Chesko, who advised me to try temporarily disabling the Frostfall ESP (do not save your game after doing this), I just chalked this up to load order.

For me, putting Frostfall before Requiem and RND(since I was using it, most people with this issue don't seem to be doing so) after Requiem and any Requiem patches, cleared up all my crafting menu issues. Started a brand new game with that LO, just because it made me feel better, and it was all good. Also, don't forget to put the perks into that smithing tree if you are using Requiem.

• 2 weeks later...