45 Average FPS vs 30 FPS Cap?

Vainlash

Hey guys so I've been working on my skyrim all week, gotten all the mods, the right ENB, tweaked everything in Skyrimsprefs etc, done everything and it's just perfect. Everything is just below Ultra settings. There's no way I can get 60 fps on my rig though, so instead I get 35-50 fps average, in open areas. I do experience a slight 'judder' now and then while traveling, I don't know how to fix that. I have vertical sync enabled along with triple buffering. I just want to know if it would be better to cap my fps at 30? Like would it be more stable and noticeably worse?

My Specs are, just to give you idea;

2 GB RAM lmao

AMD Athlon X2 255 3.2 Ghz Dual Core, Dual core man srs buiz.

My GPU is good though AMD 6700.

Basically what's best now? Cap it at 30 fps? turn off vertical sync and tripple buff etc?

I think the 'judders' are down to the limitations of the game engine, i always seem to get them on any settings when loading up detailed cells.

Why not just upgrade to 4gb ram? Skyrim uses around 2gb and im running on Ultra so having the maxium amount of ram will ease any crashing.

Just a thought, a while back someone here identified that capping your framerate at 30 was the cause of some people's infinite load screen problems. So if you do cap it, I'd go with something a bit higher, 35-40, if you can manage it. I cap at 40 and it helps avoid for me what I think you are calling juddering. I do get some screen tearing, though.