• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Matdir

Matdir

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

My Rads Meter remains on-screen permanenlty, even after restarting the game, computer, etc. Also, the cackling noise when you are being irradiated persists after exiting the radiation, and is turned off by quicksaving then quickloading. The meter itself works just fine, it just stays on and always says +4 rads/sec, unless I'm taking more than that.

Game up to date, steam version, etc etc.

This started as follows: 

I had the Nevada Skies mod installed and I began the Honest Hearts DLC. In the opening sequence, Nevada Skies initiated a sandstorm, which gave me +4 rads/sec. This was pretty annoying, and I ended up wiht 500+ rads after the fighting. I decided to disable the mod then do the opening fight again. However, once i restarted the game, the storm was gone and everything, but the rad meter and +4 rads/sec was still there. (no I don't have that save anymore) Since then, I have reinstalled Nevada Skies to see if that would reset it (which, obviously, it did not) and, when I could think of nothing else, looked for a way to disable the radiation meter (which I did not find).

I have found identical issues in previous topics, none of which offered any solutions.

http://forums.nexusm...r-wont-go-away/

http://forums.nexusm...not-going-away/

My complaint is a bit more detailed, which I hope will give someone an idea on how to fix this. I would like either a solution that would restore the rads meter to its original state or a way to completely disable the radiation meter. (I think I would be fine with just the pop-up notifications that my Radiation Level increased)

Thanks, hope someone finds something!

Edited by Matdir, 27 July 2013 - 09:41 PM.

Inazuma22

Inazuma22

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Do you have any UI addons? Like darn UI or ahud uhud anything like that?

Matdir

Matdir

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Do you have any UI addons? Like darn UI or ahud uhud anything like that?

No, I don't

Matdir

Matdir

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Small update: I've tried out a few HUD mods to try to fix this, but even when the entire HUD should disappear, the 4 rads/sec meter remains. The only way to get rid of it is to set the HUD opacity to 0.

dark9834

dark9834

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

SAME PROBLEM...

Page loaded in: 1.007 seconds