• Please log in to reply
5873 replies to this topic

Fyllm

Fyllm

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
So I just reinstalled Fallout 3 with FOOK2 again after a long time of not playing it. (Just updated my rig and wanted too try it again.)

Unfortunately, the Fook website seems to have died awhile ago so there's little documentation to go around now as to what some of the FOSE options do. That being said, could someone explain what S.H.A.D.E is? I tried playing around with it but haven't noticed a difference yet. Also, I've tried toggling the "Workbench Repair" option and nothing seems to happen either... what is it supposed to do?

Note: Before you ask, yes I do have FOSE v1.2 beta 2 installed already.

KevJr14

KevJr14

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a question. How do i change the "skins" of unique weapons (like Ol'Painless) back to their defaults? i HATE the new skins fook2 adds to the unique weapons...is there a file or something that i can delete to restore the unique weapons to their normal states?

se7enMAN

se7enMAN

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
every time i try to start point lookout in the fook menu this pop up comes up saying "refurbish: point lookout" and everytime i click ok the pop up immediately comes back saying the same thing. how do i fix this?

moshiicake

moshiicake

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I am extremely new to modding and really need help. I have searched for an answer but I can't find any information on either this version of FOOK without v1 included, or maybe it's my version of FOMM?

Anyhow, I have downloaded the Data file and Main file as instructed, right clicked> extract here into a nice big roomy folder. I'm told to go to FOMM and find the ESP folders, but FOMM doesn't detect them, only the Winrar archives. I know the files are right there but it just ignores them totally.

I've tried using videos and the instructions at the start of this thread, but they all allude to a .exe file included in V1. However V1 doesn't appear to be downloadable anymore so I don't know if this is necessary now. 

I've managed to install Fellout, a texture pack and More Where That Came From successfully (since uninstalled, as I thought they may be conflicting) so I don't think there's an issue with my game or anything.

I've included screenshots of what I have from the archive and of FOMM. If anyone can be super clear or point me to where the latest noob instructions are I would be ever so grateful.

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/SSHql

freddy_farnsworth

freddy_farnsworth

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts
V1.0 exe is not/must not be used...
DL all three parts manually.
to a folder you make on your HDrive in windows explorer. Name it FOOK2OB12

After all three files are there, use 7zip (free and very good as long as you do not set it to UHAv2 as nothing but 7zip can use that.) or winrar.
Extract all three, to the folder path it chooses.
Now copy the contents of part 2 not the extracted folder named fook2mainfile ect just the contents of it) use selectall.
To the part one extracted folder.
now copy the hotfix contents to the part1 folder. If it does not ask to merge/overwrite anything at all during this process you are doing it wrong.
Yes to all merge overwrite questions !

It is not hard, unless you do not use windows explorer, and understand folder structure, if you do not know this, this seems extremley complicated, it is not. Just requires you to learn some new things. Which is the point of having a PC.

Now it is all in one folder, CUT the HUGE BSA file (not copy) and paste it into your DATA folder for FO3. (fomm chokes on it)
Now in FOMM see the from fomod box ? click on its downarrow and pick FROM FOLDER, point it at the part1 folder you combined/merged an hit ok.
Wait awhile... it will finally say done. NOW click on the new fomod in the PManager window, and click ACTIVATE it will install.

Setup your LOrder (drag up or down in fomm window) click on ArchiveInvalidate a couple times (off and on) exit - reboot- start FOMM and hit the "Launch with FOSE" button start a new game.

freddy

Lord Dakier

Lord Dakier

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
I seem to be having a strange crash trying to enter Rivet City Marketplace. At first I solved this crash by removing the Broken Steel Unofficial Patch. Now It's just not working at all with Fook2. Here's my load order selected by BOSS. I also use NMM to keep me from completely uninstalling the game everytime I have some issue or another. Fallout3.esm Anchorage.esm ThePitt.esm StreetLights.esm BrokenSteel.esm PointLookout.esm Zeta.esm Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esm Hairday.esm CALIBR.esm Mothership Crew.esm TSC Air Support.esm Advanced Recon Tech.esm FOOK2 - Main.ESM FOOK2 - [DIK] DLC Improvement Kit.ESM RTS NW.esm DCInteriors_ComboEdition.esm Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Operation Anchorage.esp Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - The Pitt.esp Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Point Lookout.esp Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Mothership Zeta.esp DarNifiedUIF3.esp DynamicCrosshair.esp UPP - Pack 1.esp UPP - Pack 2.esp UPP - Quest Perks.esp RTS NW - Volume 1st.esp RTS NW - Volume 2nd.esp RTS NW - Volume 3rd.esp FOOK2 - Main.esp FOOK2 - [DIK] DLC Improvement Kit.esp FOOK2 - Main [Hotfix].esp FOOK2 - DIK [Hotfix].esp FOOK2 - Main Level Up Fix 1.3.esp FOOK2 - DIK Level Up Fix 1.3.esp WeaponModKits.esp WeaponModKits - FOOK.esp WeaponModKits - OperationAnchorage.esp WeaponModKits - ThePitt.esp WeaponModKits - BrokenSteel.esp WeaponModKits - PointLookout.esp WeaponModKits - Zeta.esp WMKAA12Shotgun.esp Advanced Recon Gear.esp Advanced Recon Range Finder.esp JessiCompanion.esp Easier_hacking_5_8.esp MZC Addon - Shorter Zeta DLC.esp MZC Addon-Olympus Armory.esp RTS NW - Volume 4 Stone.esp TSC Air Support.esp Fellout-pipboylight.esp Fellout-Full.esp Fellout-Anchorage.esp Fellout-BrokenSteel.esp Fellout-PointLookout.esp Fellout-Zeta.esp MZC-NPC-Tyranid-Xenomorph.esp MZC-Patch-Fook2-Stats.esp Commander Quarters.esp Mothership Crew Weapon Addon TSC.esp MP.esp

Edited by Lord Dakier, 22 April 2013 - 11:59 PM.

gibxxi

gibxxi

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 57 posts

The Broken Steel patch itself needs a patch. I think there are a couple of items either incorrectly referenced, or deleted when you enter that cell that are referenced by something in FOOK. Changing the references or undeleting them and setting them hidden fixes the problem with the patch. Just can't remember off the top of my head what they were.

Any mod that deletes a vanilla reference is BAD. Vanilla references should only ever be disabled / hidden by mods, never deleted. FO3Edit can undo deleted references from vanilla and set them hidden.

hannastudiogallery

hannastudiogallery

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Please tell me this is compatible with Mothership Zeta Crew.

jacoblinkt

jacoblinkt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
ok when I level up if freezes and when I go in tenpenny tower it stops working any idea y?

Edited by jacoblinkt, 28 April 2013 - 01:51 PM.

exelworks

exelworks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
When I shoot big ! apears on certain weapons, I think something is wrong with textures or meshes anyone can help me?

Page loaded in: 1.434 seconds