Rollback to Nvidia Driver 314.22 vast improvement for performance

firemanaf

I tried the 0.199 memory feature, but this doesn't help against the 3.1gb limit. Force your textures over this limit and you still CTD the same as before (that's also noted by Boris)... if you have setup your textures well you don't have CTDs anyway. Moving allocated memory into another location does not reduce the total amount of memory used.

BS. 0.199 is amazing and definetly helps against 3.1g limit. I had crashes due to memory leak even with 2k textures since I have so many visual and heavy on VRAM mods. Now I threw at game all the best 4k textures I could find, and it runs flawlessly rarely going above 1.5g RAM. Very smooth FPS too with Real Vision Performance preset.

Not sure why you saying BS. I tried the v 0.199 and I am telling you I had issues. I tried tweaking the ENBseries.ini and yes turning off SSAO helped a bit but overall I had issues. Switching to Project ENB which uses v0.119(recommended)I had a much better increase. Then I rolled back my driver and performance increased more. Than I switched to ENB v0.132 (which is the highest version recommended for Project ENB) and performance was a little better.

It "didnt work" for you because you didnt install it properly. You had to tweak enblocal.ini to turn on memory tweak.

Ive been using Skyrim monitor for a long time. Usually my RAM is almost 3Gb. Now check the values of this. Game is on extreme settings with 2-4k textures and 250+ mods many of which are RAM heavy (spawns, etc).

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/2286/x1jt.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img41/6814/eq88.jpg

I already forgot what its like to crash cuz of 3.1g limit

I get no where near 3.1 GB limit. My VRAM ranges from 1200-1500mb in game. And my RAM is usually anywhere from 1200-1700mb. Actually I tried activating the memory and wasn't much if any of a improvement.

The last few Nvidia drivers have been terrible. I installed 320.49 and I couldn't even use my web browser anymore without everything periodically freezing. I rolled back to 314.22 and all my problems went away. If you check the Nvidia forums you will see massive amounts of people complaining about problems.

I agree.

If it was terrible, it wouldnt run so good on my heavily modded Skyrim. Switching to old drivers was reasonable to solve sunrays issues, with new version of ENB its pointless, sorry

I would try v0.199 again but Project ENB does not use that one and he has not made the changes to use that yet. Maybe after the summer he may return to fixing his ENB to run on v0.199. Never told you to switch to it. Just posted this to give an idea to some that have issues. If you happy with your setup, good for you, keep it. It wasn't for me so I seeked to find the answer. This maybe a temporary fix while I use Project ENB. If I decide to change ENBs than I will update my driver again and use the new v0.199.