Papyrus ini settings are invalid?

AwfulArchdemon

A picture is worth a thousand words:

I've checked the wikis, and none of the "presets" they have listed make the error go away. It refers me to the SkyUI troubleshooting section, but it doesn't help. It takes me here. Didn't work.

Here is what my most recent adjustment to the skyrim.ini looks like:

[Papyrus]
fUpdateBudgetMS=1.2
fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=1.2
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0
iMinMemoryPageSize=128
iMaxMemoryPageSize=512
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=76800
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0
bEnableProfiling=0

I'm out of ideas. I've tried a bunch of different settings, but the error remains. Anyone know a sure way to get rid of this error?

Edit: I tried adding a '0' to [iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=76800] to give it more min memory to work with, but that was apparently not the issue. I'm not sure what I need to change. I don't want to get .ini file too messed up. Maybe I'm missing a line I need or something? I have no custom .ini file to alter.

Edited by AwfulArchdemon

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:ninja:

(and he waits patiently, for a response...)

. . .

. . .

Huh? Oh, don't mind me. :confused: Just chillin'. Though I'd uuuuhh, stop by. Say what's up! Maybe..."bump" into this thread (purely by accident of course). Oh, and if anyone's reading this...please help with above post.

Peace! http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s290/sammiigurl2012/bth_.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words: http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_images/underground/attachicon.gifSkyUI_Error.jpg

I've checked the wikis, and none of the "presets" they have listed make the error go away. It refers me to the SkyUI troubleshooting section, but it doesn't help. It takes me here. Didn't work.

[Papyrus]

fUpdateBudgetMS=1.2

iMinMemoryPageSize=128

iMaxMemoryPageSize=512

bEnableLogging=0

bEnableTrace=0

bLoadDebugInformation=0

bEnableProfiling=0

I'm out of ideas. I've tried a bunch of different settings, but the error remains. Anyone know a sure way to get rid of this error?

Edit: I tried adding a '0' to [iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=76800] to give it more min memory to work with, but that was apparently not the issue. I'm not sure what I need to change. I don't want to get .ini file too messed up. Maybe I'm missing a line I need or something? I have no custom .ini file to alter.

Try to replace with this

[Papyrus]
fUpdateBudgetMS=1.6
fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=1.6
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=800.0
iMinMemoryPageSize=128
iMaxMemoryPageSize=4096
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=8038608
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0

Are you sure you've edited the correct skyrim.ini located here: My Documents\My Games\Skyrim

??

Yup. That's the one.

A picture is worth a thousand words: http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_images/underground/attachicon.gifSkyUI_Error.jpg

[Papyrus]

fUpdateBudgetMS=1.2

iMinMemoryPageSize=128

iMaxMemoryPageSize=512

bEnableLogging=0

bEnableTrace=0

bLoadDebugInformation=0

bEnableProfiling=0

Try to replace with this

[Papyrus]
fUpdateBudgetMS=1.6
fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=1.6
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=800.0
iMinMemoryPageSize=128
iMaxMemoryPageSize=4096
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=8038608
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0

Will do. I just erased my [Papyrus] info from my .ini entirely, and reinstalled Skyrim, so after I reinstall a buttload of stuff, I'll give it a shot, if I still need to.

Why do I get the feeling my .ini will still have a blank space where the [Papyrus] info was, even though I reinstalled...hope I'm wrong about that. I'll be back.

Nope. Same stupid error.

I reinstalled Skyrim, used a new profile in MO, all different mods, still get the error.

How the heck can this be possible? It's like there is no way to figure out what [Papyrus] settings I'm supposed to be using.

When I reinstalled Skyrim, I still had the same exact skyrim.ini. I'm afraid to erase it, because I don't think I'll ever see my .ini again if I do. Reinstalling Skyrim doesn't give me a new .ini, for some stupid reason!

I can't play Skyrim until this rediculous, and unexplainable phenomenon is fixed. Why the heck did this problem even start? I haven't messed with my skyrim.ini in a really long time. Why is it suddenly having problems?? Is their no solution? I've used hundreds of mods, and played for hundreds and hundreds of hours, and I've never even heard of this crap before! All the wikis have it wrong, too. How rediculous! A completely destroyed Skyrim! Stupid INI !! :wallbash:

Anyone know the true default? It's my only hope!

I strait-up deleted my skyrim.ini, started a new game without my mods active, and got a brand new .ini.

Here is what a true default skyrim.ini file looks like:

Still got the error! I disabled SkyUI. I'm going to try the game without it, after I add a few lines from GummyAim's [Papyrus] block. Then I'll reactivate it and see if anything good happens.

I won't be able to play at all if this message doesn't go away. I've seen what happens to mods when you ignore this warning...it's not pretty.

Edit: Right, didn't realize my attachment was going to be download only, so here's what it says:

[General]
sLanguage=ENGLISH

uExterior Cell Buffer=36

[Display]
fShadowLODMaxStartFade=1000.0
fSpecularLODMaxStartFade=2000.0
fLightLODMaxStartFade=3500.0
iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048
bAllowScreenshot=1

[Audio]
fMusicDuckingSeconds=6.0
fMusicUnDuckingSeconds=8.0
fMenuModeFadeOutTime=3.0
fMenuModeFadeInTime=1.0

[Grass]
bAllowCreateGrass=1
bAllowLoadGrass=0

[GeneralWarnings]
SGeneralMasterMismatchWarning=One or more plugins could not find the correct versions of the master files they depend on. Errors may occur during load or game play. Check the "Warnings.txt" file for more information.

[Archive]
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa
sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa

[Combat]
fMagnetismStrafeHeadingMult=0.0
fMagnetismLookingMult=0.0

[Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0
[Water]
bReflectLODObjects=1
bReflectLODLand=1
bReflectSky=1
bReflectLODTrees=1

I'll just leave the attachment there, in case anyone wants a copy of the default .ini.

Edited by AwfulArchdemon

Okay, I'll go try right away......(runs away in a hurry)

Edit: Nope. Still there. Altered that ini too, and nothing. I'm about to just erase all of Skyrim, and reinstall the game again (again/again). There's gotta be a valid ini [Papyrus] setting.

Edited by AwfulArchdemon

I've officially tried everything. I even reinstalled MO, because of the .ini file in my profiles. Got rid of the old MO, and started with a brand new one. Started it with SkyUI as my only active mod. Totally default skyrim.ini in every way. Same error.

Maybe SkyUI needs an update (badly). I mean, if it can't even recognise the default ini, with no mods, then it has to be a SkyUI problem. Skyrim stays turned off until SkyUI's next update, I guess. :down: I'm gonna be playing a lot of Sims 3... :sad: The launcher doesn't even work for Sims 3. :verymad: Problem after problem!