Papyrus ini settings are invalid?

AwfulArchdemon

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've officially tried everything. I even reinstalled MO, because of the .ini file in my profiles. Got rid of the old MO, and started with a brand new one. Started it with SkyUI as my only active mod. Totally default skyrim.ini in every way. Same error.

Maybe SkyUI needs an update (badly). I mean, if it can't even recognise the default ini, with no mods, then it has to be a SkyUI problem. Skyrim stays turned off until SkyUI's next update, I guess. :down: I'm gonna be playing a lot of Sims 3... :sad: The launcher doesn't even work for Sims 3. :verymad: Problem after problem!I

I FOUND THE ISSUE?!

enter in tour skyprefs.ini at your user file, (Windows 7 and 8 should be in your name folder EX (FONX8 (My games\Skyrim\SkyrimPrefs.ini. Delete the comands Archive invalidation and the below comand (only the one below) and save. See in your main game Skyprefs.ini if your folder has that comand too. 200% guarantee to work.

my bad its skyrim.ini not skyprefs.ini

• 1 month later...

I've officially tried everything. I even reinstalled MO, because of the .ini file in my profiles. Got rid of the old MO, and started with a brand new one. Started it with SkyUI as my only active mod. Totally default skyrim.ini in every way. Same error.

Maybe SkyUI needs an update (badly). I mean, if it can't even recognise the default ini, with no mods, then it has to be a SkyUI problem. Skyrim stays turned off until SkyUI's next update, I guess. :down: I'm gonna be playing a lot of Sims 3... :sad: The launcher doesn't even work for Sims 3. :verymad: Problem after problem!I

I FOUND THE ISSUE?!

enter in tour skyprefs.ini at your user file, (Windows 7 and 8 should be in your name folder EX (FONX8 (My games\Skyrim\SkyrimPrefs.ini. Delete the comands Archive invalidation and the below comand (only the one below) and save. See in your main game Skyprefs.ini if your folder has that comand too. 200% guarantee to work.

my bad its skyrim.ini not skyprefs.ini

This worked for me, thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...

3 potential causes I'm aware of:

1. Bad Papyrus ini tweaks -> use original values (broken MCM and menu delay indicates that that's not it).

2. SKSE scripts have been partly overwritten by steam -> reinstall SKSE scripts

3. This ini setting:

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=0

-> change 0 to 1

My guess is 3.

Amazing, 3 did it and I have no idea why. The main reason why I was searching for a solution for this error was opening inventory had a 3-5 sec delay. By changing this singe number, said problem vanished into thin air <3

Thank you so very much for posting this solution.

The "bInvalidateOlderFiles=0" setting causes the game to use the very first version of a script, mesh, or texture it finds. The game default of "bInvalidateOlderFiles=1" does exactly the opposite. Normally the game loads everything and uses the last version it finds. (The SKSE scripts can't override the original game scripts if you flip the game logic with that setting.)

Those of you having problems should report back about them to whoever told you it was a good idea to change that setting.

• 5 weeks later...

3 potential causes I'm aware of:

1. Bad Papyrus ini tweaks -> use original values (broken MCM and menu delay indicates that that's not it).

2. SKSE scripts have been partly overwritten by steam -> reinstall SKSE scripts

3. This ini setting:

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=0

-> change 0 to 1

My guess is 3.

Had the same problem with papyrus.ini and delay on inventory, nr. 3 fixed everything for me, thanks

Thank You, thank you, thank you....after days of troubleshooting, this was the answer. I added this to my document folder ini file and changed my papyrus settings with this:

[Papyrus]

fUpdateBudgetMS=1.2

fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=1.2

fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=800

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500

iMinMemoryPageSize=128

iMaxMemoryPageSize=512

iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=76800

You guys are AWESOME!!!!