Weird Holes in Interior Ceilings

pnats

• 2 months later...

I have been searching a lot to fix this same issue , Was on the verge of UNinstalling 96 mods with about 10 or so texture packs , then i found this page, AS was Posted above by...(Dustindestrctin) I can confirm now, that JUST disabling ENB will not Fix this error , you have to completely REMOVE any ENB files and the Issue will Go away.

This ceiling texture was not the only issue but is what sent me looking for the Underlying Problem , a couple other Trans errors showed up before this, but nothing i could Save my game and reload to see if i found the Fix ...lol

I realize this is an older thread, but for the NEXT poor soul that has this Issue may Find it easier.

If i find a way to Have ENB (love what it does to the Game) and not have this Transparency problem i will post back.

Edit: Removing ENB was not the answer, what i hadent realized is i also lost Archiveinvalated so was seeing Vanilla textures. ENB is still ununstalled and still have this problem...

To poster below how do we do that?...and i am seeing this in Bison Steve Hotel...from NMC texture pack (medium) Part 2 ...{htlrmceling.dds}

Edited by camaro_69_327

The alpha channel of the texture needs to be edited so that non-transparent areas are 100% opaque.

When using ENB, despite the absence of alpha being set in the shader properties, the alpha channel in the texture is still blended into the final material.

I don't know why.

• 5 weeks later...

I know this thread is a bit old, but this is for anyone like me that's been looking for an answer to this problem:

Download the ENB version .150 from ----> http://enbdev.com/mod_falloutnv_v0150.htm

Extract, then copy the d3d9.dll into your New Vegas install folder and overwrite.

At least in my case, this let me keep my ENB (ENB of the Apocalypse in this case) AND be able to walk into the Dino Gift Shop without being able to see through the ceiling.

• 9 months later...

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I am having this problem too. I'm using ENB 263 and the latest version of enhanced shaders. When I went into the Repconn Headquarters I noticed the same problem. I have searched through this forum and others for the solution. This one was the only one that had an answer that worked for someone, yet it did not work for me. Does anyone have a way to fix this?

Here is my load order.

falloutnv.esm
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
More Perks.esm
NevadaSkies.esm
Primary Needs HUD.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm
New Vegas Redesigned 3.esm
Gomorrah Redesigned.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
PerkEveryLevel.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp
Project Nevada - All DLC.esp
Improved Sound FX.esp
Improved Sound FX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp
Improved Sound FX - Merged Major DLCs.esp
Bobbleheads - Hidden_v1.2.esp
More Perks Update.esp
SignatureArmor.esp
BoltGun.esp
GRA WRP Compatibility Patch.esp
Seeker Armor.esp
Tailor Maid - NV.esp
Tailor Maid Black Retex - NV.esp
TGsArmorCollectionVegas.esp
LFox Bottle That Water.esp
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
Project Nevada - EVE All DLC.esp
New Vegas Redesigned 3.esp
Cass alternate version.esp
MNK-RHINOgaussRevolver.esp
Bottle That Water-PN.esp
MoreChems.esp
Slower Level Rates - x2.0.esp

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I am having this problem too. I'm using ENB 263 and the latest version of enhanced shaders. When I went into the Repconn Headquarters I noticed the same problem. I have searched through this forum and others for the solution. This one was the only one that had an answer that worked for someone, yet it did not work for me. Does anyone have a way to fix this?

Here is my load order.

falloutnv.esm

FalloutNV.esm

DeadMoney.esm

HonestHearts.esm

OldWorldBlues.esm

LonesomeRoad.esm

GunRunnersArsenal.esm

ClassicPack.esm

More Perks.esm

NevadaSkies.esm

Primary Needs HUD.esm

Project Nevada - Core.esm

Project Nevada - Equipment.esm

Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm

New Vegas Redesigned 3.esm

Gomorrah Redesigned.esp

The Mod Configuration Menu.esp

PerkEveryLevel.esp

Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp

Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp

Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp

Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp

Project Nevada - All DLC.esp

Improved Sound FX.esp

Improved Sound FX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp

Improved Sound FX - Merged Major DLCs.esp

Bobbleheads - Hidden_v1.2.esp

More Perks Update.esp

SignatureArmor.esp

BoltGun.esp

GRA WRP Compatibility Patch.esp

Seeker Armor.esp

Tailor Maid - NV.esp

Tailor Maid Black Retex - NV.esp

TGsArmorCollectionVegas.esp

LFox Bottle That Water.esp

EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp

Project Nevada - EVE All DLC.esp

New Vegas Redesigned 3.esp

Cass alternate version.esp

MNK-RHINOgaussRevolver.esp

Bottle That Water-PN.esp

MoreChems.esp

Slower Level Rates - x2.0.esp

Transparency fix=false in enblocal.ini solved the problem in my case

The textures are broken in the vanilla game and in NMC, although I reported this issue to NMC and he released a small update to fix the problem. However other textures have this same problem. If you are brave you can use something like Texture optimizer or ordinator to strip the alpha channels from these textures and the problem will be solved.

• 2 months later...

Transparency fix=false in enblocal.ini solved the problem in my case

Changing the transparency fix to false in enblocal.ini worked for me too. The actual line is "FixTransparencyBugs=false" and it was all the way at the bottom of my ini.

This was after I'd already tried running the Texture Optimizer tool on the vanilla textures BSA to no avail. The texture that's visible in a lot of places that would've been invisible before is kind of muddy and gross, but at least I'm not seeing between floors of buildings through holes in the world anymore.

So in case anyone's still dealing with this issue, the enblocal.ini fix seems to be the way to go.

Edited by TheCorpulent1

• 4 months later...

I also hate to revive this thread, but I am experiencing the same issue. I tried FixTransparencyBugs=false, but it was already set to false, so I tried setting it to true, still no luck. Then I installed NMC's fix for it, which still didn't work. The textures are normal when any part of the steam overlay is active, like taking a screenshot or pressing shift+tab.

Edited by IAssassinII

• 4 months later...