Tropical Skyrim-- Infinite Loading

dancinninja

Hi all. I've been having a lot of trouble with Tropical Skyrim.

What happens is whenever I load my game (saved outside) it enters into the dreaded "infinite loading screen". If I load a different save that's inside (say, a cave) then I am able to go outside for a little bit (but it is prone to crash to the desktop if I move around too much). What am I doing wrong?

I downloaded and installed the three Tropical Skyrim files: v1_0, the v1_1 update, and the "TEXTURE MISSING FROM MAIN ARCHIVE" file. When NMM asks me to update, I say "no" to install anyway.

Here are some of the steps that I have taken to fix this, to no avail:

- Disabled ALL mods except for Tropical Skyrim. The only thing running is Skyrim, the update, and Tropical Skyrim. Not even Tropical Skyrim--birds (which seemed to cause more problems)

- Tried out the Enbseries binaries and this mod: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/38649/

- Tried out this mod: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/3211/

- Disabled every single possible program before running Skyrim

My computer is an i5, 8 gigs of RAM, and I have a Nvidia graphics card with 1 gig of memory. I'm running Windows 7 x64.

I am very confused and I really, really want to play this AMAZING looking mod. Thank you all so much!

Try lowering your graphics settings, infinite loading usually means the game is trying to load up more then it can handle.

Also, if you have HD texture packs installed that can be part of it.

Tropical Skyrim itself is likely the issue though, because it's grossly unoptimized, and is next to impossible to play stably because it adds tons and tons of stuff to the world in a very quickly done, slapped and glued together kind of manner, so extreme lag and infinite loads are just par for the coarse with this mod if you are playing it in anything remotely close to HD. 1g of vram really isn't enough to run really vram exhausting mods like tropical skyrim on really high graphic settings, I have 2gs of vram, 16gs of ram, and an i5-3450, and I still experience pretty bad lag when playing with Tropical Skyrim, even though I can install 4k texture packs across the board and experience almost no lag. Really, until the author of tropical skyrim releases an optimized version of it all you can do is lower your graphics settings, and avoid saving out in the middle of really graphic heavy places. When I played around with that mod I had to save indoors to have anything remotely close to stable saves.

The thing to remember is Tropical Skyrim is more of a 'for fun' mod, trying to put it in a stable, working install of skyrim, especially with other mods, or with the graphics turned up is almost impossible. This is because Skyrim has a natural 'memory ceiling' that is a huge thorn in the side of modders, and Tropical Skyrim all by itself hits this memory ceiling in no time flat do to tons and tons of low quality yet very high resolution textures that are all loaded at the same time, despite the fact that you don't even see about 90% of them. The author of this mod really needs to resize all of the textures down to a size that fits their quality(I swear he just took low quality textures and quadrupled their size for no good reason), and go through an work more on the manual placement of individual trees, instead of having them randomly generated in chaotic ways that make about a fourth of them impossible to see and another fourth of them in the middles of roads/houses/rivers/guards heads/etc.

Also, do NOT use an ENB with tropical Skyrim, if you need something like that use SweetFX, but make sure anything like AA and lumasharpen is turned off, because do to the extremely gross amount of things placed about by tropical skyrim any kind of mod that visually modifies them will create lag do the sheer number of plants they are applying the edge modification filters too.

I see. Perhaps I will have to try a different mod then. Thank you very much!

Sadly, there is nothing out there remotely like Tropical Skyrim. It is a very interesting unique mod, but it's basically in it's alpha phase.

Just do what I do, track it, and wait anxiously for it to be updated! ^_^