Realy long loading

lucasjose501

It is normal to take so long to import/export a 5mb file? I'm modifying a body and took 677 secs to open a file with 4,711 KB. Using the portable version, Blender 2.49b, Python 2.6.6, Pyffi 2.1.11 and NIFscript 2.5.8. My system is not so bad, i5 3570K, Radeon 6790, 24GB DDR3, Win 7 x64 with an SSD. I tried to install the software downloading version 2.49b normal and also does not work.
Any suggestions?

A 5mb file is huge. The average file is about 100kb with a large size file being around 5mb. It also depends on what is contained in the file. If there is alot of mesh data, that will take a lot of time as the way the scripts work is iterating over the vertices it has to pull in all the accompanying data (normals, v_col, v_weights, etc).

You could also run the file through pyffi and see if it can optimise it before importing. If you care to share/send the file to me I will see if I can spot anything that would slow it down, but I suspect that process the volume of data is the cause.

Thanks for the reply! Did not know that took it all, hehe, new to the area. So my project is based on the body from "The ARES Project". I'm making the armor compatible with her ​​body, Some will require to use the blender. So I'm learning a few things from tutorials around the internet. But that got me, I did not find anything anywhere about loading time. It is a personal project for now, but if the owner authorizes, I will publish the project. Well, no more stories. I'll leave the file link here with the body and textures separated. And I will try to know more about this optimization with Pyffi. Thank you!

Download body: https://mega.co.nz/#!JoMRUKhI!NdYMgHJopHF2cIu4KSC-gl4VzrErLJ-QOkRX3C1yKPA

The ARES Project: http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/48621

Edited by lucasjose501