329 replies to this topic

sevencardz

sevencardz

Worst Flying Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts
In response to post #9054631.

Good to see you deathneko :) You might want to try this instead: http://skyrim.nexusm...m/mods/40706//?. I posted install instructions for Mod Organizer over there.

Edited by sevencardz, 07 September 2013 - 11:52 PM.

OnoSendai58

OnoSendai58

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
Just stopped the game to say this is the answer to my prayers. I use this in FO3 and wished there was a version for Skyrim, which my brave but under-powered lappy can barely run. If I run anything larger than 800x600 it becomes a slideshow, with this I can turn a full circle without any stuttering or lagging at all. And it does it fullscreen! I tried the other utility and the screen went dark around the edges but never expanded to the full screen.

My native res is 1366x768 and I play on my 42-inch HDTV, this alone lets me have a smooth playing experience on the big screen.

Endorsed, voted, kudo-ed and friended.

If your PC has trouble running this game you NEED this brilliant mod!

Witchunter

Witchunter

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
In response to post #9054631. #9056953 is also a reply to the same post.

It doesn't matter how you load your game, this utility will not affect it in any way. Just run the utility and forget that it exists. After this, start your game however you want (just make sure it's running in windowed mode).

Edited by Witchunter, 08 September 2013 - 12:27 AM.

hawklord53

hawklord53

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 6 posts
Don't know why,but when using this mod my game will not save.

w826

w826

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
How do you uninstall it? I tried to delete the .ini and the .exe file and stop the fakefullscreen.exe in task manager but I still can't play skyrim in full screen

CrimsonGeezer

CrimsonGeezer

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Tried this on Windows 8, works like a charm. Getting to Task Scheduler is a little different, but everything else is the same, path to Windows 8 Task Scheduler below.

Control Panel -> System and Security -> Administrative Tools -> Task Scheduler

onem4nb4nd

onem4nb4nd

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The atrocious pop-up asking for an endorsement made Skyrim stop responding 5 seconds after I finished spending 20 minutes creating a character... Here's hoping I don't have to recreate him - for your endorsement's sake.

0piuM

0piuM

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Do you work in marketing, because that was the best mod description ever?!

Khalifrio

Khalifrio

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts
It does what it says it will do. Using this got rid of the slight stutter I was experiencing. However, I now have another application that does not respond if this is running. Some how its interfering with my Folding@Home client to the point it won't let me change how many resources are being used by F@H.

I can shut FF down via the Task Manager but how do I get it out of my start up list, or remove it from my system entirely? I wouldn't ask but everything I have tried has failed and it pops up again on the next system boot.

CrimsonGeezer

CrimsonGeezer

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
In response to post #9062479.

Have you gone back into task scheduler and deleted the start up task that loads it on Windows start up?

Page loaded in: 1.070 seconds