2024 Update

Hi guys it's been a while. Its mind blowing that this bug is still around in 2024. I made an image of where to find the Music Types in the CK. Whether its vanilla music, a custom soundtrack or a quest mod load up the mod in the CK and go to the Audio Section and then Music Type. I have highlighted it in a red circle. The name listed as you see it is the one you need to add after the RemoveMusic command. Hope this helps.SkyrimMusicTypeList01.thumb.jpg.f862af7f94366db559b63dac84e9d586.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone. After two solid days of research and trial and error I have finally found a fix for the infuriating Tavern Music playing in absolutely every interior. This was driving me insane especially since I deactivated, reactivated my mods to no avail and I was not about to abandon my lvl 90 character(200+hrs).

Here is the fix guys: Skyrim has several music types(categories) e.g Combat,Dungeon,Tavern etc. When you use the console command 'RemoveMusic' you are not removing a specific song but rather the category of music playing. Therefore typing 'RemoveMusic MUSTavern' removes all the songs in that category. I won't go into the hairy details but I finally concluded that the song in question must belong to multiple categories thats why removing tavern music wasn't working. The tavern song, namely, mus_tavern_04.xwm actually belongs to three different catergories namely: MUSTavernB; MUSSpecialHallOfValor and MUSSovngardeHallOfValor.

Therefore enter the console '~' key and type either one of the following or all until the song stops playing.

'RemoveMusic MUSTavernB'

'RemoveMusic MUSSpecialHallOfValor'

'RemoveMusic MUSSovngardeHallOFValor'

Caps are not really necessary but the category must be spelled correctly and don't forget to save afterwards. Most likely try the last two because that is the only song playing in those categories. If the bug persists then it might be mod related. This worked for me though and I also tested other interiors before posting this. After fixing this bug my lvl 90 character blew me a kiss. Cheers!!!

Edited by Jazrael
Updated for 2024.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Jazrael,

Searched very long for a fix for the annoying tavern music loop. You`re a hero!

But instead, I´ve got a problem: I typed your code and the console said "not found"!

I opened console via the normal sign on pc (this pyramid sign over Tab), then typed RemoveMusicMUSTavernB and so on and every time I read "command not found"...

What have I done false? Pls help...

EDIT: Ok, fixed it it by my own, had just false type of writing... ^^

Edited by Indoras

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My pleasure and glad I could be of assistance.

I don't suppose you know of a similar fix for incessant dungeon music? It plays any time I enter a building, with a few exceptions. It's SO annoying and my research hasn't turned up any solutions.