My pleasure and glad I could be of assistance.

I don't suppose you know of a similar fix for incessant dungeon music? It plays any time I enter a building, with a few exceptions. It's SO annoying and my research hasn't turned up any solutions.

Hi there. The principal should be the same. Identify the track that plays and then find out which category of music it belongs to. Then you use the 'removemusic category' command. If you have the CK then its easy to find out the category. Some songs have multiple categories so you would have to use the 'removemusic' for each category and hopefully the music will be reset to normal. If you don't have the CK then give the track name and I can check the category for you.

• 3 months later...

Helo!

If i remove the category, does it mean the songs removed will not play ever again neither of the places? i mean if i remove sovngardehallofvalor category, then the music remove will not play in sovngarde either ever again.

Thanks!

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi everyone. After two solid days of research and trial and error I have finally found a fix for the infuriating Tavern Music playing in absolutely every interior. This was driving me insane especially since I deactivated, reactivated my mods to no avail and I was not about to abandon my lvl 90 character(200+hrs).

Here is the fix guys: Skyrim has several music types(categories) e.g Combat,Dungeon,Tavern etc. When you use the console command 'RemoveMusic' you are not removing a specific song but rather the category of music playing. Therefore typing 'RemoveMusic MUSTavern' removes all the songs in that category. I won't go into the hairy details but I finally concluded that the song in question must belong to multiple categories thats why removing tavern music wasn't working. The tavern song, namely, mus_tavern_04.xwm actually belongs to three different catergories namely: MUSTavernB; MUSSpecialHallOfValor and MUSSovngardeHallOfValor.

Therefore enter the console '~' key and type either one of the following or all until the song stops playing.

'RemoveMusic MUSTavernB'

'RemoveMusic MUSSpecialHallOfValor'

'RemoveMusic MUSSovngardeHallOFValor'

Caps are not really necessary but the category must be spelled correctly and don't forget to save afterwards. Most likely try the last two because that is the only song playing in those categories. If the bug persists then it might be mod related. This worked for me though and I also tested other interiors before posting this. After fixing this bug my lvl 90 character blew me a kiss. Cheers!!!

(Liam Neeson voice) I will find you, and I will thank you.

Seriously this was driving me nuts and I couldn't find the code for the removemusic command. Thanks bro.