Any good 3d modeler's out there? I have an Idea :)

sidepannel

Hey Guys

I have been a member of the Nexus for a while now, I have enjoyed playing skyrim and using people's mod's
A few friends and I have been looking for something specific for our skyrim experince but noone has releassed what we are looking for. I tried to make it myself (and failed) but i have zero skills whenit comesto modeling.

I reached out to Hothtropper44 with my idea and he agreed that it is a good idea but he is busy working on other things at the moment so now I'm decidingto reach out to the community.

The idea is simple, A Bone helm,while there have been some made personaly i just can't quite get into them,While they are
very good, it just isn't what myself and others are looking for. The bone helm in mind is one based off the diablo 2 game.
Some may hate it but personaly i enjoyed it. But after thinking about it enough i figured out how it could be made easily (if you
have 3d modeling skills) You take askull found in the game remove the jawbone, hollow it out tobe used as a helm, open the eye sockets so people can see there characters eyes. and take the horns off the iron horned helm. sounds simple enough but again I
failed horribly when i tried to do it myself.
The recipe to build it could be iron igots ,a skull, and leather straps.

I put together a quick mockup for refernce so anyone can see my general idea.

http://static1.nexusmods.com/110/images/110/5025765-1380587384.png

I hope to get some people to help build this all credit goes to the person who can make it. I just want to be able to use it in game.

A great helmfor evil characters or necromancers.

Uhm, i removed the iron parts...looks more natural this way:

http://i.imgur.com/A1UcULR.jpg

I'll model the shape to default humanoid races, will come with beast versions as well but i can't spend much time on shaping those so i will simply scale them up a bit. Will finish it later.

Edited by ghosu

WOW this looks crazy!

first of all the idea itself was fantastic,when i had a necromancer build i felt a lack of intimadation, i didnt look theartning just a normal guy with robes.

this looks soo cool and i can only imagine the look on someones face if they saw this in real life (of skyrim cause in real life people would think im a nerd lol)

and for the modder/creater, i cant belive how fast you responded, very nice.

DOWNLOADING

Thx,np.

Well, no time left for big testing oder fine tuning (so there might be clipping errors with some big haircuts, whatever)...i uploaded it with 2 retextures as well and fixed some nose clipping errors with various races. Got to record a tutorial video now for my mum (55 is the best age to start operating computers) and then i'm gone for a while. I check the board from time to time, but i shut down my modding computer :D

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/43293//?

grettings

Edited by ghosu

Tested it on my buddies system and showed him your work, he loved it also his female character with crazy hair styles worked fine no issues it covers hair up kinda like vanilla helms and hair so no real issues there.
Great work Ghosu!

WOW this looks crazy!

first of all the idea itself was fantastic,when i had a necromancer build i felt a lack of intimadation, i didnt look theartning just a normal guy with robes.

this looks soo cool and i can only imagine the look on someones face if they saw this in real life (of skyrim cause in real life people would think im a nerd lol)

and for the modder/creater, i cant belive how fast you responded, very nice.

DOWNLOADING

Thanks glowbow11 i had the same issue myself and i missed the feel I had while playing my necromancers on diablo 2 so the bone helm filled that void and again all thanks must be given to Ghosu for making this idea come to reality.

I have other idea's as well but I'm trying to learn modeling myself but that may take some time.