FOMOD Installing....

Draco856

I'm wonding if I can use FOMM's package manager to install mods even if they don't have a FOMOD folder thing or whatever. Like just picking a RAR, ZIP, or 7z file in the package manager and activating it. Would this work? I'm trying to get my mods to work without any difficulties, because recently my game began crashing when trying to enter Megaton, then textures started dissappearing. I figured it had to do with the amount of mods I was running (which was a little over 140 at the time) So, I've since deleted all my mods and am reinstalling the most vital ones (for me at least) like FOOK, and an auto-sorter for my megaton house.

if you mean using FOMM's package manager->create from folder with zip files etc, it may do, don't hurt to try, worse case you just have to delete it. but the way i do it, any mod i picked up, nearly all the time is already in a file, so i unzip it and create from folder from there, pretty easy, and tidy also.

if you want tips how to use FOMM to best of its abilities, just holla me or check the tutorial they did for FOMM, its pretty neat.

good luck!

Danny

• 1 year later...

plz dont say I iz a noob but I have always wondered if I should get a FOMOD file over a normal data file?

Since I use FOMM If there is both a fomod version & regular version of a particular mod I tend to get the fomod & if there isn't a fomod I usually fomodize it myself