Blender Hair Exporting Problem

MartinPurvis

Hi there,

I was wondering if someone could help me understand why hair mesh won't export properly, I've spent a long time looking for a solution but came up empty. I've attached the blend file below if you could have a look please. I have got models in game before but this is my first time with hair.

Here

Thanks.

Martin

This may be a little above my knowledge field, but I feel it may have some relevance...

Have you tried looking at other hairs and seeing if the meshes SORT of match in the sense of how it's set up?

Also which game is it for? So I can be all tracking and stuff. :P

hi!

Sorry but i dont think ur type of mesh u got there is supported for nifscripts or the game also. U have no polygon on it i opend ur blend and its just vertex strings. I have no experience with this type of hair and i dono how it can have textures mapped from uv without polygon or anything about it.

but hair u dont have parented to an empty. I think it exporter wil make a scene root node for u to have on it.

So basicaly hairs like this u got ur scene root ninode and an nistringextradata with referencing bip01 head and one valid nitrishape for each hat and nohat textured with diffuse transparency in alpha, tangentspace normalmap speculars in alpha, and this _hl map thing i heard its for controling opacity of facegen coloration . and having a nialphaproperty as well

Ok nitrishape is a non stripified triangulated mesh. all the 3d objects on nifs ive seen are all either nitrishapes or nitristrips.

Id say your best bet is to look a vanilla hair nif in nifskope and also import it to blender and look there and stuf. make ur hair to have polygons and use transparency to make strands at the edges of each lockof hair. It is sucks to make ur project and not have it work, that is how it goes sometimes. I have done project wrong before and have to do it over so I know how that must feel.

Then after u have the nif u gotta use scanti conformuulator on objs of it IT generates egm for each of hat and nohat using an obj of each one, vanilla head tri and egm. For comparison, ur vanilla hair file in the bsa will be located alongside the 2 egm files it needs. u gota name em with hat and nohat on the end to make it work.

This conformulator stuff is needed cause of facegen morphing that is on the heads. it lets the hair adapt to the morphing.

U can also look on nexus wiki there is a hair tutorial for fallout if u need more infos.

Hi, Good luck on your project.

One thing that its maybe good to add. Its triangulated mesh. When u are doing blendering u want to model with all quads as u can. This lets u subdivide your mesh to add the detail or doodads with freedom. cause u cant subdivide a string of adjacent triangles, tris give u bad topology. but when u export the nifscripts triangulates the mesh for the game cause the engine can optimize the rendering of triangles more.

U can look at information for mesh topology in subdivision modelling is really good to help u with making everything that u want without restraint.