constant effect

MEDJAI THE ELDER

In the bottom left corner of the enchanting menu box there is a range button. This is the button you use to select Cast When Used or Cast When Strikes. When you are using a Golden Saint or Ascended Sleeper soul, the range button will also give you the choice of Constant Effect.

Click on the button in the lower left corner until Constant Effect is selected.

Hope this helps.

As the game comes complete with a save game facility, why don't you experiment and see which you prefer? There is no real right or wrong, best or worst - it's what YOU like. CE restore health on a daedric tower shield will get you through all but the toughest battles. Reflect is good for all those pesky mages. (The Aundae vampires in Dulo Anc Tomb wiped themselves out for me on one occasion because I had I high reflect ce). If your character is more into combat avoidance you would look for ce chameleon and invisibility. Try a few alternatives and settle on whatever suits you.

There aren't any items in the game that have enough enchantment points to utilize Almalexia's soul IMO. Her soul makes a good souvenir. It's worth millions but no one has enough gold to buy it from you.

If you want to use it for an enchantment, here are a couple of ideas:

Enchant a daedric T shield or exquisite amulet/ring with as high a cast on use destruction on target spell with 1 sec duration as it will hold. Now you have a magical machine gun with enough charge to kill anything. Watch out for enemies with reflect though.

If you like to hit things, enchant an ebony staff or scimitar with as powerful a cast on strike spell as it will hold. Now you have a weapon that won't run out of charge for a long time.

Absorb spells are good for the above because they can't be reflected by enemies.

I wouldn't use Almalexia's soul for CE since you can do that with a regular Golden Saint or Ascended Sleeper.

I made a cheat enchanted item with Almalexia's soul once. It was a tribute to the fallen goddess. I retired the character after a victory tour and never used the item in the game.

Mantle of Almalexia

(using the green and black Necromancer's Robe)

(all spells CE on self)

Night Eye 20

Levitate 100

Water Breathing

Restore Health 1

Restore Fatigue 1

Restore Magicka 1

Chameleon 100

Fortify Intelligence 50

Now that's an enchanted item!

• 1 month later...

Archived