Question about Skyrim Mod Organizer and SKSE

erikolaix

I use the Skyrim Mod Organizer and SKSE.

The S.T.E.P. Guide recommends that I configure SKSE by manually creating Data/SKSE/skse.ini. I have done so in my vanilla Skyrim folder.

Given the fact that I always launch Skyrim by triggering skse_loader.exe via the Mod Organizer, will the skse.ini file be processed when it's located in the vanilla file structure (where skse_loader.exe is), or do I need to place it in the Mod Organizer's alternate file structure?

Why did you need to modify the Ini? I have skse set up fine all you do is

1. Download skse from website

2. Copy over all the folders that start with skse_ after opening the folder you downloaded.

2. Add the scripts NOT source scripts, to a .rar file

3. Add the scripts to mod organizer through the add mod button and your all set just run skse through the mod organizer option.

Sorry if you already know this maybe it can help someone else.

Now to answer your original question the main skyrim data folder (the real one) loads up too so whatever you have placed in there should load as well, this is proven by the very obvious fact that the main game is located there and seeing as how that loads up even though its not in MO everything else should as well. :)

Hope this helps

Why did you need to modify the Ini? I have skse set up fine all you do is

1. Download skse from website

2. Copy over all the folders that start with skse_ after opening the folder you downloaded.

2. Add the scripts NOT source scripts, to a .rar file

3. Add the scripts to mod organizer through the add mod button and your all set just run skse through the mod organizer option.

Sorry if you already know this maybe it can help someone else.

Now to answer your original question the main skyrim data folder (the real one) loads up too so whatever you have placed in there should load as well, this is proven by the very obvious fact that the main game is located there and seeing as how that loads up even though its not in MO everything else should as well. :smile:

Hope this helps

I suppose I don't need to modify the ini, but I try to follow the advice of the STEP Guide. It does say "Highly Recommended: this will fix and/or prevent script-based save-game bloat".

Thanks for the advice. The reason I asked is that many of the things located in the vanilla file structure, such as the ini-files, are ignored in favor of the ones located in the Mod Organizer file structure.