Sevenzipsharp bug in the nexus mod manager...

SkyrimHeart

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that freeing space in my C drive resolved the issue. I have both the mod manager and my games on different drives and I don't exactly know why freeing the C drive fixed this. My only explanation is because that's where my winRAR was installed (a poor reason I know).

Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey, I was having the same problem, and just solved it!

All you have to do is disable your antivirus when installing, for some reason it blocks the .7z from being unpacked correctly.

Hope that it helps :D

EDIT: It also may be low space in your Hard Drive, check if NMM is configured to use it's Temp folder in the correct partition!

That worked for me. I disabled bitdefender and things are all good now!

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

All you have to do is disable your antivirus when installing, for some reason it blocks the .7z from being unpacked correctly.

EDIT: It also may be low space in your Hard Drive, check if NMM is configured to use it's Temp folder in the correct partition!

Thx Brah.. :D Worked like a charm..

• 3 months later...

Have you worked out the problem ? because I did all that was said above and still it wouldn't work.... If you found a solution just let me know

Thanks you so much <3

• 1 month later...

disabling your antivirus actually work man. thank you. almost ripped my anus in half trying to get this fix

• 5 months later...

disabling your antivirus actually work man. thank you. almost ripped my anus in half trying to get this fix

There it is finally! I was looking around the fallout options in nexus mod manager and all the directories there had plenty of space. Your comment made me realise I had missed something.

So the steps are:

1: Click the cogwheel icon in nexus mod manager.

2: Click the general tab (first one, the options dialogue should open on this tab)

3: At the very bottom, the last option is the temp directory that NMM uses to extract a mod when it is installing it which defaults to system directory---> change this directory to somewhere that you have at least 10GB (excessive but hey!) of space.

You won't have this problem again.... unless you install a mod that is 11+ gigabytes. But if you do, then you know what to do...

Edit: Don't know what's going on, meant to quote MatjaX. Also forgot to mention that you need to restart NMM after changing the directory.

Edited by Slinkusss