Sofia - a funny, fully voiced and scripted follower(WIP)

djjohnjarvis

This seems far above anything else I've ever seen of follower mods.

You should really make several different looks with different body types at that. It would be a bit of a shame if people pass up on this if they don't like the body type or how she looks.

Thanks. I may do several looks but it really isn't that difficult for people to customise her looks themselves and maybe even share as an add-on with permission (a bit like some of the re-textures of other peoples mods on here that you install alongside the original). I might even post up a mini tutorial on how to do it when I release the mod.

Anyway although the look is not necessarily finalised it fits the voice well and is how I imagine her. Most other follower mods don't really offer much in the way of customising looks so I might just leave it up to other talented modders to do some alternative looks as it is not my main focus and I'm more of a scripter.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward for this. The last advanced follower mod I was using was Vilja. It would be great if I could get a follower like this. Might as well call her friend instead of follower. :smile:

Honestly I don't mind the look so long she doesn't look like a woman with a male face (vanilla Uthgerd is the perfect example). But to have another cutie among other bk/rk/btrh's followers is great. The more, the merrier. But I trust you know the best.

Anyway how about modular look? I mean since you're not into the look and more into the advanced features I guess you can set the standard (how Sofia will look like by default) and then put options to change the look in MCM menu so users can have Sofia the way they want her to be. You know, like changing eye colors or hairs or even skin and facial features without have to use showracemenu or even CK.

Sorry for asking too much, I just have great expectations of what this mod will become and can do.

This seems far above anything else I've ever seen of follower mods.

You should really make several different looks with different body types at that. It would be a bit of a shame if people pass up on this if they don't like the body type or how she looks.

I may be wrong but if she uses custom body types and is kept as a loose files mod couldn't people change her to their liking themselves then?

It would also open up the possibility for others to concern themselves with releasing appearance packs for her and let dijohnjarvis focus on expanding her capabilities (you know the actual important stuff) instead of taking time to pander to everyone's unique special snowflake tastes.

But honestly I can't see anyone saying "no thank you" to cerwiden, viconia or Bhruce hammar because the body type doesn't please them. I expect this one to be up there with those kind of followers. I can only see someone passing if it was a heavily modified Body slide monstrosity(which is entertaining actually). If someone is looking for a pretty statue to follow them and this follower isn't to their liking there is a plethora of others to choose from on the nexus. IMO the value of a follower of this caliber lies in the dialog and functional content.

*shrug*

But hey dijohnjarvis if making multiple body types and outfits floats your boat. Go crazy!

IMO the value of a follower of this caliber lies in the dialog and functional content.

I have to agree. One of the things that disappointed me so much about skyrim is the follower dialog is so terribly limited it makes them sound like a record on repeat, same lines, over and over. The one that annoys me the most. While you are standing still doing something that doesn't involve menu's etc your follower idles up near you and starts yapping "Yes? What do you want? Yes? What do you want? Yes? What do you want over and over and over and over. I've killed a follower for that because she would ALWAYS idle close and start that broken record repeat (thank god for Amazing Follower Tweaks option to set a follower to being able to be killed.. argh that annoys me LOL).

@PinkSamantha Thanks. Her default look at the moment is the picture in the first post so as you can see she is certainly no Uthgerd and she is attractive enough. Altering her looks through scripting would not be the most stable way of doing things and all of her appearance mods are stored separately anyway. So I will probably just stick to offering optional files for minor cosmetic changes and anything bigger I'll leave down to other people to change.

Looking forward to this mod coming out. You can bet your last bippy I'll be using her... um.. the mod I mean. Oh hell you know what I meant.

Sure I know what you mean :wink:. And Is that an attempt at copying my humour I see lol. It sounds like something she would say :)

@ryanshowseason2 Yea that's pretty much what I said. I may include very small optional file tweaks but I'll leave anything else to other modders who can share their new appearance or whatever as long as they tell me first. As you've already gathered my main concern is dialogue and functionality.

@PinkSamantha Thanks. Her default look at the moment is the picture in the first post so as you can see she is certainly no Uthgerd and she is attractive enough. Altering her looks through scripting would not be the most stable way of doing things and all of her appearance mods are stored separately anyway. So I will probably just stick to offering optional files for minor cosmetic changes and anything bigger I'll leave down to other people to change.

Looking forward to this mod coming out. You can bet your last bippy I'll be using her... um.. the mod I mean. Oh hell you know what I meant.

Sure I know what you mean :wink:. And Is that an attempt at copying my humour I see lol. It sounds like something she would say :smile:

@ryanshowseason2 Yea that's pretty much what I said. I may include very small optional file tweaks but I'll leave anything else to other modders who can share their new appearance or whatever as long as they tell me first. As you've already gathered my main concern is dialogue and functionality.

DJ, if you want/need people to beta this I'd be happy to apply for the position of clueless tester and run her through as much content as I can to see if she works on my old machine w/o too many issues. And yes.. I was copying your humor LOL.

DJ, if you want/need people to beta this I'd be happy to apply for the position of clueless tester and run her through as much content as I can to see if she works on my old machine w/o too many issues. And yes.. I was copying your humor LOL.

I'll keep it in mind once I get her in a state that's worth testing. And it's great you have an older machine as you'll be able to test for any script related lag.

I'll keep it in mind once I get her in a state that's worth testing. And it's great you have an older machine as you'll be able to test for any script related lag.

Yeah it's an old machine, first gen amd 4 core on an ASUS M2N - SLI MB, 6 gigs ddr2 ram. soundblaster 7.1 cheapo sound card. Best thing in it is the gtx 560ti lol. And I run on a samsung HDTV at 1920 x 1080 resolution.

So has anybody got any feature requests they would like to see included in the mod? One suggestion I have had is interactivity with other followers so what other stuff do people want to see. You can see the currently implemented features in the first post. Also she still needs an outfit. I'm no fashion designer so I would also like to hear from people how they feel she should look based on her personality.

As for progress I have received all the combat lines and have added them in. Currently there are some conversation lines for Sofia being recorded so you will be able to ask her questions and she will give a different answer based on a number of factors.